Thread: Windows 7 and Crysis game issue

Windows 7 and Crysis game issue

Hello,
    I installed the beta of Windows 7, and it is not bad I think.
    My question is, My office's monitor is in 1600 * 1200 but when I want to play Crysis in 1280 * 1024 and I find myself playing in a window in the middle of the game, for the immersion is better! Otherwise when I play in 1600 * 1200, of course the game works on that screen ... and I imagine that if I put windows in 1280 * 1024 will it also work? Can someone tell me why the game does not go to full scale?

Re: Windows 7 and Crysis game issue

Did you try alt + enter?
    or check the box in crysis called "full screen" or "fullscreen" depending on the version

The same thing keeps happening to me, I have a 1080p monitor and it keeps reverting back to 720 when I try to change screen resolutions. I've looked online and I've heard of multiple solutions NONE of which work.

Some people say you can go around this by loading crysis in dx9 and then changing the resolution then leaving and loading again in dx10, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO LOAD IN DX9. I have windows 7, people say for xp to load the dx9shortcut, where? where the hell is this magic shortcut? ppl say in vista right click and there's an option, but it's non existent, both in vista which i previously used, and now in win7. one guy said to change the root location of the shortcut to includ "-dx9" but the root is unchangable.

I know the issue isn't my comp since i can run all the settings on enthusiast in win7 dx10 and still get 45-60fps in 720p, so wtf?

And this is only one bug after I had to fix a few others. It's beyond pathetic that crytek releases games in this state.
    You scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

You can do this using the-DX9 command line switch. If you have a desktop icon for Crysis Warhead, then right-click on it, select Properties, then at the end of the Target box, one blank space after the last character, add -DX9. It should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis WARHEAD\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -DX9

Depending on how you got Warehead (download or CD) in Vista go to start>games and right click on warhead. Select DX9 mode.