Thread: Getting error message “expstart.exe” on windows 7

Getting error message “expstart.exe” on windows 7

I am running Windows 7 on my computer. Whenever I login to my account then I am getting the below error message with a white screen and an error box:

Title: expstart.exe
    Detail: Failed to write BITMAP '6809':24

Does anyone know what is this error and how do I get rid of this from my computer? Thanks

Re: Getting error message “expstart.exe” on windows 7

Have you installed any Windows 7 Start Orb Changer tool in your pc? If so, then there is a bug in this tools latest version. You will have to revert back to the old Startorb to solve this problem that you are facing. Just try to uninstall the theme program that you have downloaded and installed and try reinstalling the old one or a different theme changer, it will help eliminate the error message.

Yes, this problem happens when we use a different Startoeb changer but reverting back to the original one resolves the issue for us temporarily. After restarting your pc if it is still reverting to some random startorb then you will require to reinstall your Windows operating system to clear out the corrupted system files in your pc and there is nothing else you can do about it.

The fix is trivial and only takes 1 minute...

a) ctrl-shift-esc to start task manager
    b) file->run->regedit.exe
    c) delete 'shell' entry in: hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon
    d) reboot

oh and if the above doesn't do it, chances are your explorer.exe was renamed to something else; in which case instead of running regedit.exe, run cmd.exe and cd to \windows and then dir explorer* - and rename what you find to explorer.exe and then reboot

ThumbsUp Re: Getting error message “expstart.exe” on windows 7

@garbageguy

I registered here just to thank you buddy, it worked like a charm, thanks again

hey me also jss registrd to tl it workd man thnx man