Thread: Favorite programs in the Start Menu?

Favorite programs in the Start Menu?

Hello Friends,
    I wanted to ask whether it is possible to select my favorite programs which I frequently use, and put them into the Start Menu?

Re: Favorite programs in the Start Menu?

The Start Menu and Start Button are user interface elements in the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, which serve as the central launching point for application and tasks.

On Windows operating systems before Windows Vista, and also in Windows Vista's "Windows Classic" theme, the Start Menu provided a customizable nested list of programs for the user to launch, as well as a list of most recently opened documents, a way to find files and get help, and access to the system settings.

Later enhancements via Windows Desktop Update included access to special folders like "My Documents," "Favorites" (browser bookmarks), etc.
    Windows XP's Start Menu was expanded to encompass various My Documents folders (including My Music and My Pictures), and transplanted other items like My Computer and My Network Places from the Windows desktop.

Yes, it is possible to select your Favorite Programs and place them to the top of the Start Menu.
    You can also set its priority on the Start menu by putting it at the top of the list. This ensures that the program will remain on the Start menu and cannot be bumped by other programs, even if you use the others more frequently.
    Steps to follow:
    Right-click the link to your favorite program on the Start menu and select Pin to Start Menu. Your program will be moved permanently to the top part of the list, just below your browser and e-mail programs.

You will get the clear picture of how to select and keep your favorite program in the start menu by simply clicking on the below Microsoft link

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...startmenu.mspx