Thread: ReadyBoost in Windows 7

ReadyBoost in Windows 7

I have two pendrives of 1GB and none of them works with Ready Boost on Windows Vista. Now for a chance I tried one in Windows 7 Beta (a Kingston DataTraveler), and Windows 7 agreed to use the Ready Boost. How can it?

Re: ReadyBoost in Windows 7

First, you have to see if the two are unique even pendrives Kingston (there are topics on the net that talk about counterfeit Kingston). I already had two of Kingston, and both were not compatible because they were generic (forged). And now I have an original, tested, it works on Windows Vista. And I have the Kingston case is not compatible with ready boost. But in W7 works.
    Perhaps the part of the Ready Boost is not yet 100% functional. I do not need to use, because I have 2 GB of memory.

You should check the rate of transfer of your Pendrive to use it as ReadyBoost as it can hinder the performance of your machine rather than help it. There are several types of pendrives produced by Kingston and with various speeds of transfer.

But one thing I do not understand: the same function in Windows 7 Pendrive and does not work in Vista.

For this. Like the W7 is still a beta, it may be, which have improved the issue of Ready Boost. For all Pen Drives can be accepted, not only some specific.