Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: BOOTMGR is missing after Windows 7

Re: BOOTMGR is missing after Windows 7

can you tell me the Step by step? and the I think the new version now of killdisk is professional 5.2 free download... is it the killdisk (DOS application) should I download?

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio88 View Post
    Hello all, I just created my account to share my experiences with this problem. I tried ALL of the suggestions in this forum, but none of them work other than declure's suggestion.

In my particular case I had a pc that originally had vista then we installed win7 on it on the second half of the drive. I wanted to get rid of the vista partition so I made the win7 partition active and disabled the paging file and deleted the vista partition. When I tried booting I got bootmgr is missing.

All the posts here refer to using windows recovery off of the install cd to detect your installation, however in my case windows did not detect my installation or any drives other than the install cd because of the lack of bootmgr.

89virgo89's suggestion didn't work because I couldn't access C drive because it was not detected as a valid install.

Einstein 007's suggestion didn't work because bootrec.exe also did not detect my windows as a valid install.

The following is a quote from declure:
    -----------------------
    I dunno if it helps but I found a few workarounds that allowed me to fix this issue with minimal fuss. The startup repair option is the best, but in my case the OS wasn't detected, so if that happens, try this:

Install to a newly created and formatted partition (you can use diskpart.exe in the command prompt if you need to shrink a partition to make some space for a new one), and Windows 7 will create the 100 MB boot system partition along with it. Allow windows 7 to install to it and it will also create a new master boot record on the 100 MB partition. The great thing about that is once it's finished, you can go back and still delete the new partition (NOT the 100 MB one). In my case, with Windows 7 Pro installed on another partition, it still booted anyway. At this point my installation also began being detected on startup repair, so even after I messed up my boot record again by setting my OS partition as active in the Computer Management utility, I was able to repair it again quickly using startup repair this time.
    -----------------

In my particular case windows did not create said 100 MB partition during the installation. I believe this is because I installed it on an already partitioned drive. Either way after the installation I was given the option to boot my once lost win7 os. After booting I safely deleted the new installation partition( after disabling the paging file on it and rebooting) and booted into my previous partition like it was the only one on the drive !!!!YAY!!!!

Thanks declure and good luck to everybody and their bootmgrs!!!!!

THIS WORKS!!

Install to a newly created and formatted partition (you can use diskpart.exe in the command prompt if you need to shrink a partition to make some space for a new one), and Windows 7 will create the 100 MB boot system partition along with it. Allow windows 7 to install to it and it will also create a new master boot record on the 100 MB partition. The great thing about that is once it's finished, you can go back and still delete the new partition (NOT the 100 MB one). In my case, with Windows 7 Pro installed on another partition, it still booted anyway. At this point my installation also began being detected on startup repair, so even after I messed up my boot record again by setting my OS partition as active in the Computer Management utility, I was able to repair it again quickly using startup repair this time.

Finally got Win7 to boot up without "bootmgr" message. BUT I MESSED UP!!!

NEW PROBLEM NOW! Before installing the the OS Win7. I deleted the OEM partition was not was able to install into the primary partition. CAN'T LOAD REPAIR CD!

Now the new error messege is:
    For Realtech RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.12 (010817)
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    PE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

I was too hasty in deleting the old partition. DANG IT! I've been working on this for 8 hours, finally found this site, but I have a new problem, PLEASE HELP AGAIN. PLEASE.
    Last edited by SmartDriver; 25-05-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Finally got Win7 to boot up without "bootmgr" message. BUT I MESSED UP!!!

NEW PROBLEM NOW! Before installing the the OS Win7. I deleted the OEM partition was not was able to install into the primary partition. CAN'T LOAD REPAIR CD! I search and I search still trying.

ATTEMPTS THAT DIDN'T WORK.
    (1)REMOVED HARD DRIVE and REPLUG IT.
    (2)DISABLE NETWORK BOOT
    (3)SMACK THE LAPTOP 2 TIME on LEFT SIDE.
    (4)SMACK THE LAPTOP 2 TIME on RIGHT SIDE.
    (5)SET DEFAULTS ON BIOS, then SET HDD for 1st boot.
    (6)" OPTICAL DRIVE for 1st boot."
    (7)" NETWORK for 1st boot."
    (8)BOOT windows VISTA recovery CD to do diskpart.exe but didn't boot.

I ran many combination, still working different combination.

Now the new error messege is:
    For Realtech RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.12 (010817)
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    PE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

UPDATE: 5-25-11 1:31AM
    This is a SONY VAIO, had to disable all other bootable devices EXCEPT optical drive, Win Vista Windows Recovery is booting!
    Last edited by SmartDriver; 25-05-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Missing BOOTMGR in Windows 7 or any other Windows Operating System seems to be a very common query among all the Windows users. You can find many solutions for this query on Internet. I searched for it and found this official website of answers Microsoft which has provided as many as 3 different messages to solve the issue. So i would suggest you to go through the link and try out these methods to solve your issue.
    windows 7 bootmgr is missing-- resolved using WinRE

i just found a better idea
    if you have pentium 4 300ghz processor
    then you can just restart and press f10 and change the boot system to
    the hard disk where you have installed windows 7
    but u gotta know where you have installed windows

this works on other processors too but you got to find it out yourself
    all i can suggest to you is that
    you can try to press delete when you restart which will take you to BIOS settings and you can easily change the hard disk from there

i also had the same problem
    and came to this discussion board but all i could find was insert windows 7 disk and do this and do that kinda crap
    so i checked it out myself
    and kicked all of you dorks butt
    Last edited by gvasistha; 01-06-2011 at 10:26 PM.

idea Re: BOOTMGR is missing after Windows 7

I dont know if this would help but I got similar problem with you guys here and managed to resolve it accidentally

the problem is I got the BOOTMGR missing error when I tried to boot. I tried to use the start up repair form win 7 installation DVD, but my windows installation not detected . And I did these things...

1. Get partition manager boot CD. I used EASEUS Partition Manager Bootable version. Once it up, set your System Reserved partition to Active. In EASEUS, I did it with right click and select set to Active. (I dont remember exactly, but I'm sure you'll find it) and then restart the system.

2. Boot up your windows 7 installation DVD. Go to Repair My Computer Section and the Windows will be detected (at least mine does detected) and it will prompt you if you want to repair your start up. Agreed and the system will restart. Remove the dvd.
    And the windows is there...
    I think the main problem is on the System Reserved partition. It got dis-activated somehow and casues the chaos... I used to have problem involving this partition before, the same trick does the job...

Hope this helps someone out there...

i formated my c: and after that when i restart my computerit shows BOOTMGRis missing . press alt+ctrl+del to restart .after pressing all of these keys then again display the above message. help me how i can install win 7

There are a number of reasons intended for this error message, e.g. corruption toward the file bootmgr or bootmgr residing on top of a dissimilar drive. It’s based upon your precise issue. Boot starting the DVD (you possibly will have to modify the initial boot device toward CD/DVD within the BIOS), answer a few questions, choose the Repair choice in the bottom left corner and select: Startup Repair (you possibly will have to run it a number of times).

hi can any1 help i used eraser and i had to buy a new hard drive got a new hard drive as earser delete everything of my old hard as it never erase everything so thats why i had to buy a new drive now i have put my new hard drive in my pc and it is saying bootmgr missing i have tryed to install windows xp and windows vista but it wont let me install them any1 help me plases

Try to reinstall the Windows 7 in your computer and see if the problem is getting solved or not?

EdwardHamber Guest

Your operating system got corrupted somehow.Most of the boot up of problem because of registry missing or crashed, file deleted or changed.Here is the solution to boot up your Windows:

Boot up with Tenorshare Data Recovery WinPE
    It allows users to burn ISO file to CD/DVD/USB flash drive and boot up operating system from bootable CD/DVD/USB flash drive directly.It can be used to retrieve data under any boot up problem.
    Step 1: Download Tenorshare Data Recovery WinPE in any available computer (not from PC that can’t boot up). Then launch it.
    Step 2: Insert CD/DVD/USB flash drive to the computer, choose ISO image file. Here we take USB flash drive for example. Then burn ISO file into flash drive.
    Step 3: Insert the burned flash drive to the unbootable PC. Run computer and press “F2”, ”F10” or “Delete” to enter BIOS setup.
    Step 4: Use the arrow keys to select Boot tab, select Boot Device Priority and press Enter. Please choose 1st Boot Device to USB, and then press F10 to save setting. Now your computer will start with the changed settings automatically.
    Then if you have a backup for your Windows then perform a system restore to fix it.If not,reinstall it.

Google search: Tenorshare Data Recovery WinPE

sad Re: BOOTMGR is missing after Windows 7

Hi there,
    Can anyone please help me if they can, i tried to restore my windows 7 advent t3100 back to factory setting but near the end of it it said error of some kind and telling me to restart my laptop but it kept saying it and i tried putting my recovery disc in and it did not do much apart from now making my laptop saying bootmgr missing press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart computer after the windows logo appears and i cant get passed it. ( ARUGHHH )
    I do not have any windows disc or anything just a recovery disc i made a while back that does not seem to work, if anyone knows how to fix this or get my bootmgr back can you please let me know my email address is peambo@gmail.com
    Thank you James.

There are number of solutions provided in this particular thread so try that. I recommend that you should create a new recovery disc and see whether it is working or not. By the way tell me which laptop do you using.

So i'm having same kinda problem here. It's giving me this "BOOTMGR missing" or then i'm getting this kinda error when windows 7 tries to complete the installation : Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware. I think this is about my hard disk drive, since some sites are telling me to get drivers, but i have no idea about the drivers what to get, or how to install them, since i don't have a working OS at all.

I had Vista running, and got really tired of that laggy os and decided to try windows 7.

This problem occurs on Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pa 3553 laptop.

So i'm having same kinda problem here. It's giving me this "BOOTMGR missing" or then i'm getting this kinda error when windows 7 tries to complete the installation : Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware. I think this is about my hard disk drive, since some sites are telling me to get drivers, but i have no idea about the drivers what to get, or how to install them, since i don't have a working OS at all.

I had Vista running, and got really tired of that laggy os and decided to try windows 7.

This problem occurs on Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pa 3553 laptop.
    Have you tried out the below solution????

Your operating system got corrupted somehow.Most of the boot up of problem because of registry missing or crashed, file deleted or changed.Here is the solution to boot up your Windows:

Boot up with Tenorshare Data Recovery WinPE
    It allows users to burn ISO file to CD/DVD/USB flash drive and boot up operating system from bootable CD/DVD/USB flash drive directly.It can be used to retrieve data under any boot up problem.
    Step 1: Download Tenorshare Data Recovery WinPE in any available computer (not from PC that can’t boot up). Then launch it.
    Step 2: Insert CD/DVD/USB flash drive to the computer, choose ISO image file. Here we take USB flash drive for example. Then burn ISO file into flash drive.
    Step 3: Insert the burned flash drive to the unbootable PC. Run computer and press “F2”, ”F10” or “Delete” to enter BIOS setup.
    Step 4: Use the arrow keys to select Boot tab, select Boot Device Priority and press Enter. Please choose 1st Boot Device to USB, and then press F10 to save setting. Now your computer will start with the changed settings automatically.
    Then if you have a backup for your Windows then perform a system restore to fix it.If not,reinstall it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast