Thread: "NEED HELP" User account disappeared Reg hacked

"NEED HELP" User account disappeared Reg hacked

Hi All,
    My log on account has disappeared from the log on and under user accounts. My registry has been hacked some how.
    I can see my account under documents and settings , but access is denied. Can any one lead me in the right direction to repair this?
    I am running Windows XP Home.
    Thanks

Re: "NEED HELP" User account disappeared Reg hacked

How can you say that your registry is hacked! Are you sure? From which account you are logging now? It might be that someone having administrator rights have deleted your account and all associated files. For that, no registry hacking is required. Any user having administrative rights can delete any account. Remember, that if the computer's inbuilt Administrator account is not password protected, then it can be accessed through Safe Mode and it has all the rights.

i had an exe file piggyback its way on my Zip drive. It wasn,t until after the drive downloaded and run that it showed up as a stand alone file on my Zip Drive. It was hard to remove, just kept repeating back on, finally had to reformat the Zip Drive. Everything seemed to work OK until I rebooted a few days later. Then my windows user account disappeared.

I managed to reclaim control of my documents file through Take ownership command, however I still need to find and remove the Trojan, I think it is "server.exe" file. Any Ideas how to find and remove. I don't mind paying for good removal tool if I was sure it would work.

From all the problems that you described, it appears that there is nothing reg hack. Rather it is something virus/malware problem that is messing up your user account. Try to scan with a good antivirus tool to catch the culprit. If possible, try to connect this drive in another computer and the scan it; or boot this computer from different hard drive so that the virus doesnt loads during booting. You can do this from a new Admin account.

It can also be that your user account got corrupted due to some simple reasons and thats why it is not showing. After following steps above, you can also try creating a new admin account, then copy data from the corrupted user profile to a new profile and see what happens to that account after few days.

Copying data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile