Thread: Invalid system disk replace disk and press any key

Invalid system disk replace disk and press any key

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. It used to work fine, but from last few days whenever i turn on my system, it gives out an error message stating "invalid system disk replace disk and press any key" on my desktop screen. Can any body tell me that how to resolve the above issue on my pc? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Iinvalid system disk replace disk and press any key

For that you need need to enter BIOS by tapping the delete key, just as you turn it on once in your bios setup, choose the boot option and then put cdrom as your first boot choice save and exit. You can clear the CMOS in general by removing the motherboard battery and shorting the CCMOS jumper (if relevant).

In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to ensure that your hard drive's entry in the CMOS is correct. Clearing the CMOS only resets the BIOS Settings to Default. If there is a jumper involved note that you short the jumper (move from pin 1&2 to 2&3) for a few minutes. Return the jumper to pins 1&2 before replacing the battery and rebooting.

According to me your windows seems to be corrupted and need to be reloaded again on your pc. For that you will need to verify your hard drive is still good first. for doing this you need to do a disk check, by using the checkdisk command in order to verify the integrity of the HD. Then try to reload Windows back on your pc.

How can you run check disk if you can't get into Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by wiegmale View Post
    How can you run check disk if you can't get into Windows?
    Could you first of all tell us what kind of problem you are facing with your system in full details? Were you able to get into windows prior to the login problem occured? What is the operating system you are using and whats the computer specifications that you have? Do you get any type of error message when stating up the machine?