Thread: dualview - how to play a game + watch a video

dualview - how to play a game + watch a video

Dear forumers!

A usual setup for me is that I play some PC Game and my girlfriend watches some movie.
    I have a 8800 GT a Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW, and a Samsung LCD TV with analog connection available.

So what i would like to achieve now, I had been doing for the past year no problem before i reinstalled windows!
    I was able to play WoW or CIV IV or whatever PC game full screen on my monitor, while I was able to watch a .avi or whatever video file on the TV simultaneously.

Since I had reinstalled win, I can't do the same!

after I start the movie and then i start the PC game, the movie either freezes or the tv screen goes blank
    then if I shut down the pc game the movie continues.

I have the exact same hardver setup now as before, same videocard + monitor + LCD TV.

I suspect the problem comes from either the driver or some wrong setup issue because these are the only things that changed after the winreinstall.

Any ideas guys?

Do I need some specific driver?
    Should I retry some 1 year old ones?
    Should I get some appllication to help me?
    btw what I want, the simultanous pc game + video is it even officially possible?

pls help me, ms GF is killing me!)

Re: dualview - how to play a game + watch a video

Well the best way is you can use 2 computers simultaneously!

1 for gaming & 1 for watching TV & Videos!

Hope this helps you!
    IF YOU CAN'T Convince THEM ...

CONFUSE THEM ...

No its not possible you can process your system data twice at once. you can Do any one thing at a time and you can view it on two displays but you cannot run two different apps of one pc in two monitor . You can get some external hard disk store your movies in that and view it with the help of USB DVD player. Good luck
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Enable extended desktop in your video card configuration. Open any player, open video window and drag it to the TV. Open game on first Display. If you have a PC fast enough it may work. The sound will remain a problem. Game sound or video sound.

anyway back to the topic about playing games and watching Video on tv at the same...

i kinda got it working.
    1. i would load up wc3 TFT
    2. minimize wc3 TFT
    3. then quickly open the video file n maximize the game within 1sec of each other.

thats what i did and i can watch TV and gaming at the same time.
    if there is a easier way let me know please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillebror View Post
    Enable extended desktop in your video card configuration. Open any player, open video window and drag it to the TV. Open game on first Display. If you have a PC fast enough it may work. The sound will remain a problem. Game sound or video sound.
    Cool , nice info . I didn't knew that trick , thanks mate. But i think if he will use this trick then he has to compromise with the game sound only (gf ) .
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

I've finally got it everyone!!!

I managed to do it with vlc mediaplayer 0.8.6
    go to settings, Video, check the advanced settings checkbox on the lower right, go on to outgoing modules subsetting and there from videooutgoing module choose OpenGL video output!

with these i can watch a movie on the tv and play on the monitor no problem at all!

Yippiee!

(i guess the key is to get the player to not play using directx or direct3d but with opengl, so if you can get a player to do this, it might work with other players as well)

Cheers!

thx for the reactions

What you have to do after ( vlc mediaplayer 0.8.6
    go to settings, Video, check the advanced settings checkbox on the lower right, go on to outgoing modules subsetting and there from videooutgoing module choose OpenGL video output!) you have to set the both desktops to the game's resolution otherwise it will not play FULL SCREEN. so if you play your game at 1068, make your dektop 1068 as well, so you are ready to go.
    hope this helps