Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog

Re: failure - security options logon process has failed to create dial

I am having the same problem with our laptop since the last windows auto update. Can't seem to figure what was installed that needs removed since the date doesn't show. Any ideas? Tried to restore and got didn't work after trying different restore points with no luck and then my restore points disappeared.. I didn't remove them and not sure what did. Can't get task manager to open due to Failure Security options, which I also did not change,

DSKCHK hangs @ Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys not sure if it's suppose to go further, sometimes it starts & other times just stops and can't even do the second check always stops at a specific file number.

Please let me know if anyone has an answer or looks like need to do something before 1st year is up...

Re: Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog

I have this issue on and off with a Vista Home Premium desktop and trying a number of possible solutions. The bottom line is I have too much installed on my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ajlcompfit View Post
    I have this issue on and off with a Vista Home Premium desktop and trying a number of possible solutions. The bottom line is I have too much installed on my machine.
    This solution was given on other website, so you can try and check for yourself whether it works or not. There's a service, Superfetch, that tries to load up your idle RAM with stuff that youmay soon use. This is stored in "Cached Memory," and is supposedly freed up if a running process needs it. I believe that perhaps something happened that corrupted the superfetch service which causes it to constantly cache things in memory, but never frees the memory when another process actually needs it. If no other remedy has helped to relieve this problem, try this. Go to Start -> run, type "services.msc" and click OK. Locate the process named "Superfetch", right click, properties, and disable it. Now, reboot and see if your problem has gone away.

Yes, Superfetch was running as automatic startup. The problem only happens occasionally so no way to verify it works at this point.

Thank you

Have you tried disabling ReadyBoost from the Windows Services which is the culprit here. It can be done by start > run > msconfig under the services tab disable readyboost from microsoft corporation. ReadyBoost is an operating system feature included with Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system. It works by using flash memory, USB 2.0 drive, SD card, CompactFlash or any kind of portable massive flash storage as a drive for disk cache.

Quote Originally Posted by james_911 View Post
    Have you tried disabling ReadyBoost from the Windows Services which is the culprit here. It can be done by start > run > msconfig under the services tab disable readyboost from microsoft corporation. ReadyBoost is an operating system feature included with Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system. It works by using flash memory, USB 2.0 drive, SD card, CompactFlash or any kind of portable massive flash storage as a drive for disk cache.
    No I have not but will. I did disable SuperFetch and I think that helped.

Hi,

I still get logon process has failed to create the security options, but is less frequent after disabling Readyboos and Superfetch and I registry fix.

I only get this message when trying to download Windows 7 Upgrade advisor.

Thanks

You need to perform a clean install of the application and work well as needed. It will be better fr you to make the desired change to process well. As it is been done you in order to get sort of the thing and process by executing the process. Hope to get the issue ti to be processed. I hope this will help.

Since I found this by using a search engine, I am putting my solution to this problem.

I tried everything suggested, it turned out to be a Dell touchpad driver that was installed (I am thinking automatically). I did a restore from before the problem started. Then went back and manually installed the driver and within 5 minutes after restart Vista locked up and gave me the same warning as the thread subject. So I did another restore from before the driver install and I have been going about 2 hours now and no problem.

Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12