Thread: Download Arch Linux 2009.02

Download Arch Linux 2009.02

Arch Linux distribution is available in 2009.02 since Monday 16 February for i686 and x86_64 architectures. Arch Linux is a distribution in "rolling-release", ie in constant update and is close to the KISS principle: simple and lightweight. It contains no unnecessary graphics tools, the installation CD you can install a basic system, then take the hand to adapt the system to your needs by installing the software you want. Designed for users of GNU / Linux, it is still quick and easy to maintain.

Arch Linux system offers a specific package and very flexible: pacman, and deposits of a given package, the main ones being the two official repositories, [core] and [extra], supplemented by the [community] and many others managed by contributors.'s accession package to the filing community is by vote of the packages offered by users on AUR.

Version 2009.2 provides:

• Kernel 2.6.28
    • Ext4 support. Installation can be done on a ext4 root partition.
    • Rescue and maintenance capabilities for Ext4 root partitions
    • Fallback ISOs with the ISOLINUX bootloader, for those that have trouble booting Grub-based images
    • Several bugfixes in the installer
    • Brought the included documentation up-to-date
    • Inclusion of AIF (Arch Linux Installation Framework), the next generation installer, currently under development.

You can get the iso images on the official website for download http, ftp or bittorrent:

Downloads From Here

Re: Download Arch Linux 2009.02

I'd like to try but do not know if my Dell Inspiron 1501 can accept everything, I had thousands of problems and Ubuntu was the only distro to accept everything, but I heard that Arch can be a good competitor Desktop distros like Mandriva, Fedora or Ubuntu ment ..

It is worth recalling that ArchLinux uses a "Rolling release" (ie, updated at all times) and what it really is only one announced with a CD installer image of the packages today. Here something new

The original archlinux-2009.02-ftp-i686.img USB image was broken, a new image (archlinux-2009.02-2-ftp-i686.img) has been uploaded. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

With one image broken, we also had to create new torrents: We now use a single torrent per file again and added more mirrors to the webseeds. All seeders should stop seeding the old torrent and get the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    I'd like to try but do not know if my Dell Inspiron 1501 can accept everything, I had thousands of problems and Ubuntu was the only distro to accept everything, but I heard that Arch can be a good competitor Desktop distros like Mandriva, Fedora or Ubuntu ment ..
    the grace of arch is competing with everything you want. Is a question of arming. When the install is not got much (compared to Ubuntu), then to build an environment conducive to development, a desktop-friendly, lightweight, one good effects and KDE4.2, a study of music, design, or whatever just these few pacman distance And my old Inspiron 600M works perfectly with Arch, so I imagine yours would be the same

Hello, Do you also have these messages when you use wine?

$ Winecfg
    FIXME: ntdll: NtMakeTemporaryObject (0x40), stub.
    FIXME: ntoskrnl: KeInitializeSpinLock stub: 0x114008
    FIXME: ntoskrnl: KeInitializeEvent stub: 0x11400c 1 0
    wine: Call from 0x7ee33c00 to unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.KeGetCurrentThread, aborting
    wine: Unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.KeGetCurrentThread called at address 0x7ee33c00 (thread 0016), starting debugger ...
    FIXME: ntoskrnl: ObReferenceObjectByHandle stub: 0x5C 1f03ff (nil) 0 0x11401c (nil)
    wine: Call from 0x7ee33c00 to unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.KeSetEvent, aborting
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00120000 at address 0x7eb78234 (thread 0018), starting debugger ...
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00120024 at address 0x7eb78234 (thread 001a), starting debugger ...
    err: seh: start_debugger Could not start debugger ( "winedbg - auto 335 40") (4)
    Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
    Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ": 0.0".
    Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ": 0.0"

I have never had problems with ArchLinux ... My only memories (for about 1 year) are limited to non-satisfied dependencies (in this case, pacman refuses to install / update) and especially a "problem" with the new X.org (which required to manually change a value in a conf file, but everything was explained on the site ArchLinux in the wiki, in the news talking about the release of the package, ...). And for non-satisfied dependencies which I speak, it is especially with the release of versions of packages for Alpha / Beta KDE 4.X 1 (while the official KDE 4.X was) that I encountered when the official filing offered a deposit and a [testing] proposed another version ... But since I had specifically asked for the deposit [testing], I knew what I was doing And the problem has been solved very quickly (a few hours or 1-2 days max)