Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

User Profile Service: Service Failed Logon error in vista

Operating Systems

Old 19-02-2009

User Profile Service: Service Failed Logon error in vista

Hello,
I have been getting problems with my profile for my account failing to load.It just comes up with this error
"User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile could not load." I have two administrator accounts on my pc. Can someone please help me.

Thank you

Old 19-02-2009

Re: User Profile Service: Service Failed Logon error in vista

• This issue may occur if the user profile was manually deleted by using the command prompt or Windows Explorer by a user or by some program. A profile that is manually deleted does not remove the security identifier (SID) from the user profile list in the registry. Since the SID is still present, Vista will still try to load the profile by using the ProfileImagePath that points to a nonexistent path. Therefore, the profile cannot be loaded.
  • This can also be a issue with the user profile entering into a backup state.
  • Manually renamed the C:\Users\(User Name) folder.
Old 19-02-2009

Re: User Profile Service: Service Failed Logon error in vista

• You can try doing a System Restore to see if it can fix this before using the instruction in the tutorial below. See the related links below for how.
  • If you do not want to repair the user profile, you can delete it and create a new user account in OPTION TWO. If this still does not work for you, then you will be left with doing a clean install for your Upgrade or Full version of Vista.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,