Thread: Improve sound quality in Vista

idea Improve sound quality in Vista

Hello Friends

I have installed Windows Vista on my computer and wanted to know that how can i improve the sound quality? Is there any way by which i can do this? Please let me no your views on this issue. Would appreciate your suggestion regarding this issue is concern.

Thank you.

Re: Improve sound quality in Vista

If you are using a desktop computer, then you can buy a new sound card. There is a lot of good sound cards out there. It will improve the quality of the audio and supports more things than your basic on board audio does.

If you are looking for more beat in song, then I will recommend a speaker upgrade.Something that has a subwoofer and a bass equalization. Logitech offers great sound systems for computers.

You can also try and update your sound drivers, but I dont think that will improve the sound. It will only give you more functions than you already have.

In Windows Vista, you can now take advantage of advanced audio features that improve the sound quality of the music, movies, and other audio on your computer. When using a sound card that is supported by Windows Vista and which includes advanced audio features, you can set up your audio experiences.

Set up your speakers

To set up your speakers for the best sound, follow these steps:

1. Open Audio Devices and Sound Themes by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.

2. Click the Playback tab, select Speakers, and then click Configure.

3. Under Audio Channels, select which speakers are present in your speaker configuration, and then click Test. You should hear a tone play in each speaker. Click Next, and then follow the directions to continue the configuration process.

Note: Your sound card determines which options you see during the speaker configuration process. For example, if you're using a mobile PC with internal speakers, you might only see Stereo in the Audio Channels section.

Try to Set up your audio effects in Windows Vista.

1. Open Audio Devices and Sound Themes by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.

2. Double-click the Enhancements tab. If you do not see the Enhancements tab, then your sound card either does not support audio effects or you have installed sound card software that replaced the Enhancements tab. For example, you might have a tab with the name of your sound card's manufacturer, and this tab might include different advanced features.

This list describes audio effects and what they can do. You'll only see the audio effects that your speakers and sound card can support.

• Speaker Fill: Use this effect to take sound that was designed to play on two speakers and play it on additional speakers, such as 5.1 and 7.1 speaker systems.
    • Room Correction: Using a microphone, this effect can optimize the listening experience for a particular location in the room—for example the center cushion of your couch—by automatically calculating the best combination of different speaker settings, such as delay, frequence response, and gain adjustments.
    • Virtual Surround: This effect simulates surround sound. This effect is ideal for using a computer with a 2-channel stereo sound card and a receiver that supports surround sound.
    • Speaker Phantoming: This effect can split sounds designed for multiple speakers into fewer speakers. For example, you might have three speakers instead of the five speakers typically used in 5.1 speaker systems.
    • Bass Boost: In computers that have speakers with limited bass capability—such as mobile PCs—this effect can boost the bass in the frequency range that the speaker can support. This can make the audio sound better.