Thread: XP Home cannot activate

XP Home cannot activate

hi,
    My computer was repaired and i have reinstall windows xp on my system completly, when the system boot it brings up a logon screen that requires a password that I do not have.I tried going to activation by using a dos command from the run screen but same issue. Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: XP Home cannot activate

You can logon in Safe Mode
    • Start the computer. After the computer runs the Power On Self Test (POST), press F8 repeatedly to open the Windows Advanced Options menu. On the Windows Advanced Options menu, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Windows operating system that you want to start, and then press ENTER.
    • When the computer is running in safe mode, log on by using an account that has administrator rights and permissions. Then, click Yes in the message that states that Windows is running in safe mode.
    • Then click on "Activate Windows" in the Start Menu. This will enable web access only for this purpose.

hi,
    Press Ctrl+F11 on startup and use Symantec PC Restore to reload it. It will restore a complete image that's stored in the recovery partition. If you did delete the diagnostic partition or the recovery partition - or reformatted the recovery partition.

hi,
    I had a similar problem ,i tried repair then upgrade and I get a loop as follows:
    "There is a problem verifying your license on this computer. You must activate.Do you wish to?"if you choose yes a window appears that has a picture of 2 keys and says this product.has already been activated click "OK" to exit. I can only start in safe mode and delete a file, I cant remember the name right now. When I rebooted in real mode I was able to activate.i hope this will help you.