Thread: How can I add my program to startup ?

How can I add my program to startup ?

HI,
    I want to know if there is any way i can add any program to the programs startup so that the program automatically starts up when i turn on my computer?

Thanks for the help!

Re: How can I add my program to startup ?

Yes off course you can do the same!

Add it to the startup folder: C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

right click the start button, choose explorer. it will open windows explorer and point to the start menu folder, open that up and you'll see programs. open that up and you'll see startup. place any icons you would like to automatically startup in that folder.

This is what i did when i wanted to add the windows task manager to startup when i start my computer & it works fine with my windows XP home edition!
    1. Click Start>Programs, then right click on Startup folder and choose Open.

2. On the Startup window, go to File menu and choose New>Shortcut.

3. In the dialog box click the Browse button to specify the Task Manager program, it's by default at C:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe (Where C is the partition that your windows XP is installed on).

4. After specifying the program path, click next and finish. Then you will see a new shortcut (computer icon) in the Startup folder.

5. Right click on that shortcut and choose Properties, select Minimized from the Run combo box, and click Ok, then close the Startup folder.

6. At the next time you start your computer the program will run automatically and you will see it in the system tray.

It occurs sometimes when you may like to add a program to your start up by dragging the program shortcut in All Programs >> Startup

But there is more better way to do it, which could save your time and make it simple.

you can add a shortcut to your startup folder in the send to menu, and when you want to add any program to startup with windows startup, you can right click on the program shortcut and select Startup.