Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

system32/hal.dll has been corrupt or missing

Operating Systems

Old 18-02-2009

system32/hal.dll has been corrupt or missing

hi,
i bought Lenovo ThinkPad X300 Laptop.it works finebut i get error message:"HAL.DLL missing or corrupted " when i try to login in wndows
when i start the pc to the Recovery Console, a command prompt may appear with no option to log on to the Windows installation.when i try to access the Windows folder, it says: Access denied.Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Old 18-02-2009

Re: system32/hal.dll has been corrupt or missing

Restart your computer and boot same with a boot disk.C:edit boot.ini,You will access BOOT.INI. As default, it will appear as below:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professionnel" /fastdetect,if you do not want to repeat several times Boot.ini, copy the line after [operating systems] and change the number at each time. You will now have an option in the menu that will enable you to access safe mode without having to press F8 at start up.
Old 18-02-2009

This behavior can occur if any or some of the following conditions are true:
  • The Default value in the [Boot Loader] section of the Boot.ini file is missing or invalid.
  • Windows XP is not installed in the location specified in the Boot.ini file.
  • The Ntoskrnl.exe file is missing or damaged.
  • The partition path in the Boot.ini file is not set correctly.
  • General hardware failure.
Old 18-02-2009

Registry Booster is your answer to all your DLL and registry related problems. It analyses your registry to detect entries that refer to Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) or shared control files that are not on your hard drive which still have registry keys pointing to these non-existent files. Registry Booster detects all such entries and repairs them.Click here to run a Free Scan for hal.dll related errors.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,