Thread: Hard disk grub error

Hard disk grub error

hi,
    i have Hard Drives: Samsung S-Ata, 2x 160GB,on my computer.it has dual booting ,the primary contains win xp pro and the secondary Fedora Core.it does not detect Windows during installation and i get error when i try to boot up the system GRUB Hard Disk Error.
    Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Hard disk grub error

hi,
    you need windows XP to boot just boot off the windows installation cd and go to rescue and use the command fixmbr. other than that you can use a grub boot disk to boot any installation, I have used the grub boot cd.

i have Hard Drives: Samsung S-Ata, 2x 160GB,on my computer.it has dual booting ,the primary contains win xp pro and the secondary Fedora Core.it does not detect Windows during installation and i get error when i try to boot up the system GRUB Hard Disk Error.
    Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.Thanks in advance for your help.
    "The general way that the Stage 1.5 handles errors is to print an error number in the form Error num and then halt. Pressing <CTRL>-<ALT>-<DEL> will reboot."You need to update your motherboard's BIOS with the latest version from the manufacturer.You can can do this by getting the latest version of the BIOS and your manufacturer's reflashing utility from their website, copying it onto a bootable floppy, and running it according to the manufacturer's instructions.

solution is reinstalling linux. the problem may occurif you don't have a boot partition, your BIOS doesn't really support LBA hard disk addressing. If so, all you need to do is put a small boot partition in the beginning of hd2. Having a boot partition (you make it the boot partition by setting its mount point to /boot) will help your boot loader, since it makes the boot files reside in the areas of your hard drive that are accessible to non-LBA BIOS.