Thread: Is it possible to buy the full version of windows 7 at a student discount

Is it possible to buy the full version of windows 7 at a student discount

I have purchased the new Lenovo laptop for my study. I am student in the college so I need a better operating system for my use. I am looking for Windows 7 and I want the full version of that operating system. Actually I want to wipe out my laptop so that I don’t have a platform to update from. I did not found the full version of the windows 7 at the student price. There are only upgrade versions are available. I want to ask that is it possible to buy the full version at a student discount. And if possible then how can I get it for my use. Can anyone give me some solution for that? Please help me out.

Re: Is it possible to buy the full version of windows 7 at a student discount

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you some suggestion to follow which can helpful to you. If you want to enrolled student at a tertiary institution then it should have a MSDN-Academic Alliance agreement with Microsoft. I think you can get the Windows 7 full version at low cost at the University Bookstore (in registered university). Or you can have an option to contact your Faculty Program Administrator which depends on which courses you are studying at that time. If this is not possible for you then you have to buy the retail full version license or purchase a OEM System Builder license. And that is equivalent to the full version license with some licensing restrictions.

I want to give some information about the OEM versions of Windows 7. It is useful to you for solving your problem. OEM versions of Windows 7 are similar to Full License Retail versions. There are some exceptions there as follows. OEM versions cannot give you any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel. OEM licenses are bound to the very first computer you install and activate it on the system. OEM versions can offer all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard.

I think I can give you some essential information about this topic. Here I am giving you some idea about that. I think the OEM/System Builder edition can allow to install Windows 7 onto a Mac by the use of boot camp. And then also you can run that Boot Camp installation in a virtual machine as per your requirement. This is same as Parallels. That means like parallel you can use the boot camp partition instead of one of its own volume files. but the OEM version of Windows 7 can run different machines and refuse to run.

I think this service is limited to some specific region only. so you may get this operating system on your college (or any organizational) ID from your bookstore. I think you have to use the full version which is available in the market. It is costly but that can helpful to you during the studies also. Don’t try to use discounted or other version. This is my own opinion. Thank you.