Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-02-2009

Which operating system with a 64bit processor?

hi,
I have Windows XP with SP3. But now when i play bluescreens with the error message: irq_not_less_equal,but my PC is in spite of the 2.2 GHz and 2 GB of Ram is slower in the last period has become .. so I decided my PC a little upgrade to 4GB Ram (My motherboard still holds up. 4 GB off): So in dual-channel, 2x 2gb. And I want to completely reinstall my system. TuneUp When I read that I have a 64bit processor, and there is comparision Vista or a 64-bit Windows to switch, currently I have a 32bit Windows XP, I have the following processor: Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3800 + Would my computer run faster with a 64-bit Windows? Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 16-02-2009

Re: Which operating system with a 64bit processor?

So given that you have only a single core processor but want to upgrade RAM up to 4GB , I advise you Windows XP x64 to take. this brings no benefits like jump in performance compared to the 32bit version, but only so that you can correctly identify 4GB RAM, provided your BIOS provides support for 4GB.Previous times when manufacturers prefer to see whether there 64bit drivers for all your equipment there! Otherwise, the 32bit version, and with ~ 3,5 GB RAM satisfied!
Old 16-02-2009

Re: Which operating system with a 64bit processor?

At your place I would stay with the Windows (ie times a fresh reinstall) and a 2nd The HDD switched to Linux (such as Xubuntu 64bit) account.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,