Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem with registering WINSCK.OCX

Operating Systems

Old 16-02-2009

Problem with registering WINSCK.OCX

Hi,
I have downloaded and copied the file mswinsck.ocx to my C:\Windows\SYSTEM32 folder and tried to run it it gave me an error sayin that the file winsck.ocx is either not present or not registered but i get this message 'LoadLibrary("mswinsck.ocx")failed - The specified module could not be found.'Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help

Old 16-02-2009

Re: Problem with registering WINSCK.OCX

hi,
Are you running Microsoft Office? if yes,then Your first step would be reinstalling this application.If that does not work, you will have to remove Office (one of the options when running setup off of the cd) and then reinstall Office.i hope this will slove the problem.
Old 16-02-2009

Download MSWINSCK.OCX right click the text on the left and save to your Desktop.

Back up your current copy of MSWINSCK.OCX and copy the new version to the same file location. This file should be located in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory on your C: drive (for Windows NT and 2000: \WINNT\system32).

Using your mouse, click on the "Start" button and then click on "Run".

According to your Operating System, type the following command to register this library file:

Windows 95, 98, or Me:
regsvr32 \windows\system\MSWINSCK.OCX

Windows NT or 2000:
regsvr32 \WINNT\system32\MSWINSCK.OCX

Windows XP:
regsvr32 \windows\system32\MSWINSCK.OCX

You should see a message saying "DllRegisterServer ... succeeded".If you are getting an error telling you that the file is missing, then you are not typing the command in correctly. You will need to type it in *exactly* as as shown above for your operating system.
Old 16-02-2009

I fixed this by copying the mswinsck.ocx file to not only the system32 directory but also the WoW64 directory.download MSWINSCK.OCX than extract it and than paste it in ur SYSTEM 32 folder in ur C drive under WINDOWS folder or just put it in the folder of the sofwtare you wish to run.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,