Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-02-2009

Exchange 2000 SMTP connector

Hello everyone,

We currently have an Exchange server (2000), we used only internally. External mails are returned on the Exchange server by the software exchangepop3.

To exit exchange is configured to send SMTP mail to our current provider (OLEANE) with authentication to use the SMTP (Outgoing Security at exchange) it works.

We will soon change their Internet access, but in the meantime we will switch to our second Internet access Relief .

What method should I take to change the correct settings for my exchange to switch SMTP server? Is there any authentication to check for?

Thank you
Old 14-02-2009

Re: Exchange 2000 SMTP connector

Hello,

No,there is no particular authentication are available for SMTP.

Create a new SMTP server,and try to connect with the mail server by removing the old one.
Old 14-02-2009

I have Tried finding out this

Quote:
Manager = Exchange> Administrative Group => First admin group => Routing Group ==> First Routing Group => connector => SMTP??
And knowing this I know I can go through this.
Because currently I am still on our liaison OLEANE.
I can leave 2 at the same time or it will it be conflict?

At the current service provider I do not need authentication? In fact I thought he was blocking sends SMTP but I think it sends the block if the source IP is not the service provider.

Thank you
Old 14-02-2009

No, there should be an SMTP connector if you have defined * on the items. He does not know what to send log mails.
And yes, service provider verify IP addresses to use its SMTP connector.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,