Thread: Windows XP File FCA.tmp

Windows XP File FCA.tmp

Hello,
    For several weeks I have problems of space on my hard drive.
    When I do a search, I see a file named FCAxx.tmp is created under the folder "application data / temp" from user, which xx is a number. This file was initially 8 to 15GB, I deleted and now I have a file 25Gb ... I do not think it will have a something to do with System Restore.
    Does someone can enlighten me?
    I CANT EXPLORE THE WORLD BUT WHEN IT COMES TO BATTLE JUST THE SPACE I GOT IS WHAT I NEED.

Re: Windows XP File FCA.tmp

It's strange, I have no file of that name, me (sometimes I do not even have the temp folder ) ...

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and scan your PC.
    How to Master MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware

Time for me, the temp folder is under "local settings", not under application data.
    Here earlier, after posting, I deleted this file 25Gb who was appointed FCA7.tmp
    Now it is replaced by a file named FC1E.tmp of 11Gb
    I'm going to run an anti spyware but I doubt whatsoever that, I feel more that this is a program that is in question ...

In fact I thought of writing Cobian backup on my previous post because my PC is in the process of backup and this file grows very quickly.

So for those interested, Cobian Backup, when it loads a task creates a compressed temporary file.
    I CANT EXPLORE THE WORLD BUT WHEN IT COMES TO BATTLE JUST THE SPACE I GOT IS WHAT I NEED.

I dont have any information about this but I know how to manually clean out temp folder in Windows XP:

1. Click on Start and then Run.

2. In the text box in the Run window, type %Temp% and click OK. A folder full of files and other folders will appear.
    All of the folders and files you see in this Temp folder are no longer being used by Windows XP and can safely be deleted.

3. To remove individual folders or files, hold down your Ctrl key while left-clicking on each item you want delete. Release the Ctrl key when you're finished.
    To delete these items, hit your Delete key or choose File and then Delete from the menu.

4. Confirm that you want to delete the files by clicking Yes on the Confirm Multiple File Delete window that opens.

5. If you'd instead like to remove everything inside the Temp folder, choose Edit and then Select All from the menu.

Note: If you're prompted that there are hidden files in this folder, just click on OK to bypass the message. A few hidden files hanging out in the Temp folder probably aren't important enough to worry about.

6. Now that all of the files and folders are selected, hit your Delete key or choose File and then Delete from the menu.

7. Confirm that you want to delete the files by clicking Yes on the Confirm Multiple File Delete window that opens.

8. After all of the files have been deleted you can close the window and empty your Recycle Bin, permanently removing the files from your PC.