Thread: Installation fail problem in Vista

Installation fail problem in Vista

on vista most of softwares cannot be installed because they cannot copy file to program files directory, register some DLL file or write the value to registry keys. what can I do about that?
    Last edited by Yogesh; 14-02-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Title edited suitably. Always give proper title that best describes your thread.

Re: Installation fail

Are you logged on to Vista with an Administrator or account with Administrator rights? Was the PC upgraded from XP to Vista? Are the games you're trying to install compatible with Vista? I ask because not all XP compatible software runs on Vista.

Check the manufacturers website to see if there's an upgrade to a version that's Vista compatible, most versions should be .. but some manufacturers are reluctant to create Vista versions.

Re: Installation fail problem in Vista

What you are describing here are classic Vista compatibility issues. Vista has had major problems with both device driver compatibility & program compatibility.

Devices like scanner, camera, printer & Digital Camera will all require newer or more recently written device drivers, device drivers specifically for Vista. My advise is to contact each product maker or check their websites for newer or latest Vista drivers.

Some programs (applications) are backwards compatible and will work fine with Vista, some may or may not play happily with Vista and some programs just get so upset they take their bat & ball home and just refuse to play with Vista.

Re: Installation fail problem in Vista

I am logged on as Administrator and my Vista is not upgraded from XP,yet some vista compatible softwares face to this problem. Realy, most comon message I receive is about Access denied.