Thread: How to reinstall Vista Premium

How to reinstall Vista Premium

Hello,
    I bought a very nice portable HP Pavilion DV-6314 with Vista Premium edition.
    I very often an error message that says "explorer has stopped working" (not very cool when things you do that while you are in the process of transferring photos from your memory card. In short, someone could tell me how it reinstalls Windows Vista Premium? (for info, no CD that came with the laptop)

I forgot: I tried the "System Restore" from the Windows menu, thinking it would reinstall Windows ... but in fact it has absolutely nothing changed -> I have always cursed the messages of error.

And then, needless to say that support for this on the HP site does not exist or I'm blind!

THANK YOU in advance for your valuable answers !!

Re: How to reinstall Vista Premium

Hello,
    On the HP, you have created yourself your restore disks.There is actually more CD delivered with the purchase of your pc. I am not in front of my pc so I can not remember exactly where the module. Look in Start -> Programs -> you need to have something like "create disk" something like. Otherwise it is explained on the little book that comes with your pc.

If you want to reinstall Windows Vista by performing a clean installation—possibly to restore the default Windows settings. for more details on how to reinstall vista visit this page http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...522671033.mspx

The HP Backup and Recovery Manager can also guide you through and help you with other related tasks that are centered around Windows Vista restore & reinstalling tasks. Creating a recovery disk from the existing operating system and programs on your Pavillion laptop hard drive which will recover your HP laptop hard drive to it's original factory defaults is the most widely used.

Installing or restoring your software programs and drivers and accessing Microsoft Vista's Restore application are a few more important features of the recovery manager...

Just remember, while this might not work for all HP Pavillion laptop owners, it should work for most.

Well, problem solved! I managed to create the disc resettlement. (start, creating disk restoration). Then, via the "HP Recovery Manager", Windows Vista has been successfully resettled (formatted partition, install. Windows, etc.).

I wish to clarify that the friendly menus HP very weak but good, the most important thing is to have succeeded!