Thread: Media Player Shifts at Power Saving mode

Media Player Shifts at Power Saving mode

hi guy's........

Generally when I watch a movie that I download from the internet, and when i play it; during scrolling it in a forward mode in media player.
    suddenly the display of my player turns black and a message popup appears: digital power saving mode.
    I press alt + F4 or go into task manager, but nothing happens......

so i have no option except but to go for restart!!!

It also happened to me in other media player such as vlc program, so I am sure that it's not because of any media player error.
    I also thought that it was a codec issue, so I installed few codec packs, but the problem still remains same.

I have also disabled screen saver but nothing helps for the problem............

Please help me with this problem.........

Re: Media Player Shifts at Power Saving mode

try this one:

It sounds like you may have blown a capacitor inside of the monitor itself. It is a fairly easy fix.....Take it apart and look for a capacitor that is bulged on the backside. Then replace with exact cap. Problem fixed. This is a common problem as manufacturing. are using cheaper and cheaper components.

After disconnecting the power to the PC, we dusted and vacuumed the inside. It was VERY dusty. We removed the memory cards and then reinserted them. Then I noticed that the monitor had been plugged into the regular monitor jack in the back of the PC, although we had a video card installed and it should have been plugged in there. We plugged the monitor into the video card and it works fine now.

i just wiped my hard drive and re did windows and was updating my windows online when my screen went black i moved the mouse but nothing i pushed a button on the monitor and it said monitor in power save mode activate pc what i did to get it to work is opened my CD drive and my screen came back on hope it might help someone

Check your video card as not been loosened while your were messing about with the hard disk. I is very easy to loosen it with a knock.

The monitor will only go into power saving mode on a signal form the video card or the complete absence of any signal from the video card. Try unplugging the cable from the video card. You will probably get a "Cable Disconnected" message which indicates the monitor is working fine.

I had a similar problem with my monitor after I first installed FC5. My monitor would power down for no apparent reason after 10min. It took me a while to figure it out.
    I just added the command "xset -dpms" to startup programs and it's fine now.

SYSTEM>PREFERENCES>More PREFERENCES>SESSIONS>STARTUP Tab and add "xset -dpms".