| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: Error message "The file 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM is needed"
I have found a solution for you and sure it will fix your issue, try to follow this steps:-
- Whenever you receive the error message, press SHIFT+F10 to start a command session.
- Type regedit.exe,in the Command prompt and then hit ENTER.
- Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- On the File menu, click Load Hive, and then load %Windir%\System32\Config\System.sav.
- When you are prompted to specify a name, type Test.
- Locate and then click the following key:
- Delete the UPPERFILTERS and LOWERFILTERS registry keys.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the other ControlSet# keys under the Test hive.
- Click File, and then click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
- If the path in the error message is the correct drive letter for the CD-ROM drive, click OK to continue the Setup program.
- If you receive the error message again, the Setup program cannot correctly read from the CD-ROM drive, or the path information is incorrect. In this case and restart the PC.