Thread: Windows XP "lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly" error

unsure Windows XP "lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly" error

Hi guys! i'm trying to look out for a solution for this since quite a long time. Whenever i connect to the internet and surf for say 15 minutes, Windows XP gives me lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly and a timer dialogbox appears with a 60 second countdown. After that windows automatically shuts itself down. i'm tired of this! please help me out! Is there any way to stop the timer??

Re: Windows XP "lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly" error

I'm not sure what can be done, but your computer is infected with a trojan. I had the same issue, but i clean installed XP, so i've got rid of the stupid automatic shutdown error.

I've formatted my "C:\" drive several times but after few days the same problem starts! I also have AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition but its not updated. Re-installing Windows doesn't help me...! any other solutions? Please Help Guys! Help me get rid of this stupid Trojan! They're messing my work!

Formatting just your "C:\" drive isn't enough! These stupid trojan's hide in other drives too. They even hide in the System Restore Folder. Clean install XP and you can get rid of this trojans and worms. Boot from CD and delete all the partitions and re-create. Then Install XP again. Install a fresh copy of AVG, and update it first. This would help you surely! Make sure you update ur AVG regularly for better security and protection against Trojans, Worms, Virus, Spy-wares, etc...! All the Best!

to stop the automatic shutdown dialog box run this command :

Code:
    shutdown -a
    shutdown is a command which is used for shutting down the computer and shutdown related tasks. the switch "-a" stands for abort.
    You can type this command either at command prompt or at Run dialog box.

But this command won't help you for long. Your computer is already been infected. Its better to Clean install XP.
    All the best.

Thanks a lot guys but, I have all the important data in my "D:\" drive. I'll format all drives neitherlessly. I have a copy of my data on my office Server! I hope i get through this! thanks a lot once again!