Thread: WlanGINA.dll in windows

WlanGINA.dll in windows

After I installed a driver (DWA-547 wireless n desktop adapter), when you start windows it gives me a message:
    "Failed to load DLL IWPDGINA.DLL user interface for the connection.
    please contact your system administrator to replace DLL or restore original DLL. "

So I would like someone says me what is going in place of "nothing".
    C: / WINDOWS/WlanGINA/Version/1.0.4.0 / "" "nothing"
    JUSTVICKS returns with a great relief
    and freedom is my realistic belief
    all above all
    someone shall fall
    but not me
    just wait and see.

Re: WlanGINA.dll in windows

I advise you to disable the third-party software, and use windows integrated wifi.
    file is missing windows which it certainly has turned, as it replaces the "Graphical Identification and Authentication" integrated windows, and must surely be known to MS to cause an incompatibility (already seen this case and experience).
    I would say that you may be get the chance that this file is missing, under penalty of having a system crash.

thank you but I did a system restore a day before installing the driver for DWA-547.
    JUSTVICKS returns with a great relief
    and freedom is my realistic belief
    all above all
    someone shall fall
    but not me
    just wait and see.

the problem is probably a service on your network card .
    you go to Start => Control Panel => Network Connections => right click local area connection or wireless => Property => you have a list in there there must be "NetWare Services" => Select uninstall then => reboot =>

I am not 100% sure but I believe that your problem is caused by the GINA change. Some of these adapters are known to change the GINA and the changes are known to cause problems on some installations. Also, is your Windows XP installation an upgrade from Windows 2000? The data in the value points to the WINNT folder, on Windows XP the default %systemroot% or %windir% directory is WINDOWS, is your Windows directory WINNT?

The Default Windows Logon Interface May Not Appear After Installing Third-Party Program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302346

Winlogon may fail if the third-party Gina.dll file is missing or corrupted http://support.microsoft.com/kb/164486