Thread: Problem uninstalling Kodak easyshare program

Problem uninstalling Kodak easyshare program

Hi,
    I have this Kodak Easyshare program with me & I need to uninstall this program from my system.
    I have XP pro installed as my operating system.
    I tried uninstalling this program from add remove panel but what i noticed after this uninstallation is that only the icon is removed from my desktop. The program is still there in my program files folder with the required files to run since when i tried to run the program from there it run all Ok.
    I don't know where to look for the uninstallation?
    The program is no longer available in the add remove program list.

Re: Problem uninstalling Kodak easyshare program

Well If you cant see that program in the add remove panel then what you need to do is install a good registry remover (Like CCleaner & CCleaner tip etc.) software or you can also try windows uninstaller program for this purpose!

I hope this helps you!

I had the same problem a few years ago and this is what I did: Manually removed all the shortcuts - icon on the desktop, entry in the Start menu under All Programs, any others you can find.

Then, since it is no longer listed in the A/R Programs, do a Search using this entry "Kodak", without the quote marks. Then with each entry that comes up, delete it using the keyboard
    button. Always create a system restore point first - just in case!!

I always do the easy ones first like the Start menu entries, if any still exist. I like to go into the registry myself and check each of the big folders like C:\Program Files\Kodak.

I know this is a pain in the butt solution but I know of no other ones. I don't want to buy software programs to do this work either so I do it myself. Make sure that what you are deleting, with the Search list, aren't any pictures that have the Kodak name attached to them somewhere.

Hey Thanks for the prompt reply guys I will look at the tools you have suggested.
    Lets see if i can get rid of this Kodak Easyshare program.
    Thanks again!

By happenstance, I saw a mention of Kodak utility for removing Easyshare on some newsgroup -- after poking around the Kodak site, sure enough there is a "Clear" program, at http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...rUtility.jhtml

Maybe this will help.

It should work uninstalling it through control pannel. but if not you could open up kodak software and then find under options or file, and say dont start up on start up on the computer.

If there isnt an option in there. you can go to START, RUN , type in msconfig, then go to start up, unclick kodak easyshare, and then restart computer and you should be all set.

You should be able to remove EasyShare from your system by using the Windows Add/Remove feature you noted. The clear utility that was mentioned will remove any residual files from your system.

If you have full admin rights to your system, give the process another try. Once you have removed the program from Windows, go to the following URL that will help you remove anything that remains.

http://www.kodak.com/go/clear