Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Enable hibernate mode after a fixed time?

Operating Systems

Old 09-02-2009

Enable hibernate mode after a fixed time?

Hi experts,
I want to hibernate my system at a certain period of time? is it possible ? I mean just setting some time say 3:00 pm and at 3pm my system should go into hibernation automatically.
Thanks for any suggestion

Old 09-02-2009

Re: Enable hibernate mode after a fixed time?

If I understand you want to put your computer into hibernation at a certain time.

If it is this: you can use a scheduled task that launches the command Hibernation:

Code:
 rundll32.exe powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState
create a hibernate.bat file of above command and schedule that file using schedule task in control panel.
Old 09-02-2009

Yes that's exactly what i wanted thank you very much!
Old 30-04-2009

Is there a way to set a timer to have it exit Hibernation Mode aswell?
Old 30-04-2009

hi,
there is another way to get out of hibernation, when you press the power button it will boot up and go directly where you left off, if that doesnt work power down your computer for 1 minute and then try again.

If that doesnt work try taking out the CMOS battery on your motherboard, that usually works for me, and also take your Memory out and put it back in. I usually do standby instead of hibernate, i think theyre the same thing, unsure about that.

Personally, dont use hibernate, and if you do make sure you reset your computer after every 1-2 hibernates, to clear your memory (refresh it).
Old 30-04-2009

You mean setting timer for expiry of hibernate mode? Then i don't have any idea .

But if you want to exit hibernate mode then holding the power button for more than 5 seconds would exit hibernation or standby mode. But if you get stuck try the following:

Hold F8 at Startup and from the Menu select Safe Mode. If windows xp will boot in safe mode then go to control panel> power options>hibernate and uncheck Enable Hibernation. If you're using a laptop, disconnecting the batteries would be a choice but an unprofessional one.
Old 30-04-2009

Yea I want to make a script that will put my comp in hibernate mode and then will take it out of hibernate at a predetermined time.
Old 30-04-2009

To provide you the script here is not possible because it would be a kernel level programming and if it does not handle properly or if there would be any problem during running that script on your machine then it may create different problem to your system, so i will suggest you just for manual hibernation for your computer system, there is no need to run any script for that.

Manually applying Hibernation to your computer is much more easy and always preferable than running the unknown script.
Old 30-04-2009

look i dont know exact coding but you can do it with VB ;here i am downloading file which provide me by my friend try it hope helpful to you ..
Old 30-04-2009

-- Switch Off --

No, I am not telling you to switch off or turn off your computer system.

Here, I want to recommend you about the program called Switch Off - a free Desktop Program that will allow you to automatically perform important tasks like Shut Down, Restart, Hibernate, Log Off, Put your computer into Standby Mode, Lock Up and also Disconnect Dial-up connection at the specified time.

You can change the settings of the program to perform the required action Daily, Weekly, One Time or on Countdown. For example, you can set different time on different days as you want.

Switch Off

Excellent and very Flexible tool to use.....Enjoy

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: