Thread: Need Some Help For Blue Screen Of Death

unsure Need Some Help For Blue Screen Of Death

From Last One Or Two Days I Am Getting The Below Attached BOD while I am Using The windows xp Suddenly the error appears on the screen and then my pc gets restarts automatically tried to search information about the problem but did'nt found any usefull material can anybody help me out to sort out the problem

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Save Dump
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1001
    Date: 2/9/2009
    Time: 3:47:59 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: ABC
    Description:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x00630069, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804fd096). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020909-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks In Advance

Omkar
    Last edited by i_omkar; 09-02-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Re: Need Some Help For Blue Screen Of Death

To stop this alert message/blue screen:

Right-click My Computer, Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager.
    Right-click your CD drive, Properties, Properties tab, uncheck "Enable digital audio for this device" and click OK.

Have you recently updated Windows ?

Test the RAM. If you can swap out the RAM with known good modules for testing first if you can't do that then test the machine with one RAM module at a time until you tested every module. Other wise run the the following RAM tester.

Detail list of Overclocking / Benchmarking software

NOTE
    If this doesnt find anything wrong with the RAM this doesnt mean that the RAM is good. You would need to swap out the RAM with known good modules for testing. However if it does find something wrong then chances are the RAM is bad.

Hi I have Disabled the Windows Update From The Begining so there is no chance of Windows Upadate
    I have Installed The New RAm But After That also Same thing is happening

How's your network cabling? I ask, because I've often seen hardware issues such as failing HD present as randon STOP BSoDs, and not just the disk-orientated (FATxx, NTFS) ones either.

I'd also check HD with HD Tune from www.hdtune.com - any bad blocks on the slow surface test is reason to replace HD irrespective on how shiny SMART summary claims things to be.

HD bad blocks map to particular parts of the file system, so a bad block within Internet or network code could appear to be related to
    online contexts only.

I take it you have firewall enabled? Malware can become more active when online and can cause crashes.

First, on the hardware side:

Do you have any hardware monitoring software on the unit?

If so, check the monitoring logs for CPU or system board temperature.

Also check the fans - power supply, CPU and any others and make sure they are running.

Once the hardware passes muster you can try running with a reduced set of services enabled - you can either use the 'msconfig' application to change the system services that start initially or go directly to the administrative console and use the 'services' application to selectively disable services. The latter is probably not the best way to go as it can be hard to get the system back to the original configuration.

If you use 'msconfig' you can run a 'diagnostic startup' which just loads the basic services, then let the system run for a while and see if you get the BSOD. If you don't, then go to the 'selective startup' and disable services in groups and see which group is associated with the BSOD problem. Once you have it down to a specific service you can re-load the associated drivers.

idea Re: Need Some Help For Blue Screen Of Death

to omkar, if u are experiencing blue screen of death, can u tell me if u have installed any hardware recently and i could figure out what is going on. Don't panic, i have recently recovered from bsod myself!