Thread: System Restarts with Continuous Beeps After Updating Bios

System Restarts with Continuous Beeps After Updating Bios

I recently format my entire hard drive, installed windows XP operating system and also updated my BIOS. As updating my BIOS I entered into BIOS configuration settings and loaded some optimized required defaults changes. I autosave and made an exit from the system bios setting and asked for reboot of my system. After that my pc started making continuous beeps and thus started to reboot and this continued at an regular interval. I am unable to rollback into the BIOS to change into default settings back. I think when i loaded those deaults it got messed with something and cause everything in a problem mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dr. V Guest

Re: System Restarts with Continuous Beeps After Updating Bios

I think this may solve your problem:

Firstly try switching off the psu via the switch on the back of it while leaving the power cord still plugged in. After that for about 35 seconds turn on the power back on and try to start you computer.

Leave the power cord connected at both ends and just switch off your psu for about 20 seconds via the switch on the back of the unit and then turn it back on again. then try to boot your computer.

Before attempting for actions such as remove a part or replace any part inside the cabinet, ensure that the power is turned off.

Firstly you should equire about your memory card (RAM). Try to remove it from memory card slot and check it by placing it in the another memory slot on the motherboard.

Also be sure that your motherboard is still working in a good condition, try to remove the memory card and also the power of the PC.

You should be able to hear continuous beep sounds after you performed this action.

If detect this king of beeps, then your motherboard is fuctioning properly.

Placing the memory card in different slot does not work and then the problem lies with the memory card itself. You will need to replace it your memory card.

It can also be that some faulting PCI cards are causing this kinds of errors.

Try to eject your PCI cards from PCI card Slot.

A faulty PCI modem also causes such type of error.

Remove it and then power on the pc.

The processor cannot be faulty but still if you want to check it, remove the CPU Cooler fan. Then turn on the PC.

Place your finger on the processor for 2 seconds. You should find the processor heating up. Then turn it off immediately. If this works then your processor is good.

Remember not to leave it ON for more than 5 secs.

visit the below provided site for better knowledge about the error and system beeps. Also it explains an entire detail about how each beeps are related to several problem:

so i think you can find your solution here..........

Special Topic Bios