Thread: How can i do System backup

sad How can i do System backup

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know that how can i do system backup on my computer? I would like to take the backup of my entire system. Does anyone know how can i do so? Please guide me the solution for doing it.

Thanking you.

Re: How can i do System backup

It can be done in a very easy way, just click on the "Start" button, then choose Programs,in that select Accessories, then click on System Tools and then select Backup. After you select "Backup files & settings" and click on OK button, you will be greeted with a list of items that you can backup. Then select the option "All information on this computer" and click the next button which will help you to take entire back up from your computer.

If you use Windows XP Professional, the Windows Backup utility (Ntbackup.exe) should be ready for use. If you use Windows XP Home Edition, you'll need to follow these steps to install the utility:

1. Insert your Windows XP CD into the drive and, if necessary, double-click the CD icon in My Computer.

2. On the Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP screen, click Perform Additional Tasks.

3. Click Browse this CD.

4. In Windows Explorer, double-click the ValueAdd folder, then Msft, and then Ntbackup.

5. Double-click Ntbackup.msi to install the Backup utility.

6. By default, the Backup utility uses a wizard that makes the process straightforward. To start Backup:

a) Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Backup to start the wizard.

b) Click Next to skip past the opening page, choose Back up files and settings from the second page, and then click Next.

You can also try out doing manually install Backup. Just follow the below steps mention.

Double-click the Ntbackup.msi file in the following location on the Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM to start a wizard that installs Backup: CD-ROM Drive :\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP. When the wizard is complete,then click on Finish button.

You can also go for some good software which can be used for backing up your system files. Symantec is considered to be one of the good software which enables you to restore complete Windows desktop/laptops in minutes, even to dissimilar hardware or virtual environments with new functionality to automate physical to virtual conversions for immediate system recovery. Additional capabilities include flexible offsite protection, integration with Symantec ThreatCon for threat-triggered backups and centralized management to help simplify administration.