Thread: Problem with Remote Desktop in windows Xp

Problem with Remote Desktop in windows Xp

In short, then, for some time, I can not connect to my PC with Remote Desktop. I checked everything and I can not understand why it does not work. I checked the box that allows the remote connection, I opened the port in the router, I added the remote desktop firewall exceptions, I tried to connect using my laptop through my LAN, and then I do not know what to do, I also checked the "PortNumber" in the registry ...

Thank you

Re: Problem with Remote Desktop in windows Xp

1 Assure yourself that you are using an Administrator account
    2 Configure the XP firewall: Right-click the network connection>> Properties>> Advanced tab>> Windows Firewall settings. Then in the new window, tab "Exceptions", you check remote desktop.

If you plan to go through the Internet to access your PC, configure your router to send info TCP port 3389 to your local IP.

A little tour in history secedit verifying who can do what.

Otherwise history to determine if it comes from the OS or the network:
    Is it running on the local network? If not test locally without any firewall on any of the two. And yes, also check the event logs and indicate the specific error messages whatsoever RDP client side . Of course you must enable auditing events in the security log for there to be something (inactive by default). And then to finish with my list in bulk, there was an updating of the RDP client to take into account the improvements included in Vista and 2008, normally you should not have to worry but maybe the change of behavior has this update.

Well, actually, I do not know too how to enable auditing of events. But there is something I noticed when I try to connect to my desktop via my laptop (in LAN), and I do a search for computers on the network, he said something like that there is no gateway. Yet, I have enabled Terminal Services on my two Maybe it can help.
    The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.
    -Joe Martin

So you have change the default RDP client (or your session if you the registered). Click the Options button, go to the Connection tab (far right) and click the Settings button. " Normally you should have the option "Automatically detect select.

Yep, automatically is checked ...I do not really know where to go, everything is correct. I tried everything. I will try to launch a Windows installation, it might fix something.
    The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.
    -Joe Martin