Thread: Accessing Hard disk displays "C:\resycled\ntldr.com is not a valid Win32 application"

Accessing Hard disk displays "C:\resycled\ntldr.com is not a valid Win32 application"

I was on my computer and was trying to access my HDDs when something unexpected came up. I double-clicked on "My Computer" and tried to get access to one of my HDDs. It came up with a window saying "C:\resycled\ntldr.com is not a valid Win32 application." I then tried to access my Flash Drive, but it did the same. The same with all my hard drives. I can access them via command prompt, even via the run command. But I cant access them via explorer. Any Suggestions?

ThumbsUp Re: Accessing Hard disk displays "C:\resycled\ntldr.com is not a valid Win32 application"

You have a virus that was contained in a certain codec install.
    Proably changed your keys located at:
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\C
    and some more similar locations! Do you have a completly updated antivirus software? If yes then how did the virus enter your computer. It time to dumb your antivirus and buy a new one! But as for the solution. try system restore and then install a geniune antivirus that you buy and run a deep scan or complete scan on your machine in safe mode! All the best!

Re: Accessing Hard disk displays "C:\resycled\ntldr.com is not a valid Win32 application"

Yeah your computer has a virus or a trojan. It comes via USB Pen Drive and the infection is known as "AutoIT" type virus! Download AVG Free Edition or Avira Antivir Personal which is free too! you can then solve your problem as explained above!

Re: Accessing Hard disk displays "C:\resycled\ntldr.com is not a valid Win32 application"

Thanx Guys! I had AVG but didn't update it since a long time! i first updated the antivirus database and Cleaned all my usb drives! then unplugged it. and ran system restore and after it completed successfully i nstalled the AVG again and updated it with the offline update files and ran the full system scan...! Damn! 759 virus were found! thanx guys you just saved my life!
    Everything is not under control

Hey I was getting the same error message some days back & could not find out the reason behind this message so due to some urgent work i simply formated my C: & installed updated AVG antiviru & cleaned my machine 3 times & my problem was solved.
    Thanks for this information guys its really helpful.