Error 7000 - SSPORT service not started

Hello , this is my pc config

My System:
    • XP Prof SP3, 32bit,
    • Main board: M2N-MX SE Plus
    • CPU: AMD Athlon LE-1620, 2.4 Ghz
    • RAM: 1024 MB

In the Event Viewer is always this error message
    Error 7000 - The SSPORT service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

My question:
    although I have searched my pc and cannot find it ony pc and According to the search result on internet this file belongs Vista and XP64, only for the printer. But I have an XP 32bit system and not Vista. so what can i do solve this

thanks

Thanks for an answer.

Re: Error 7000 - service not started SSPORT

Since the file at the moment is no longer present in the moment and you do not notice other problems, it would be the simplest to the service to completely remove it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services]

The branch should be the subkey SSPORT Delete them. If someday something and accurate reports on the service required, you can still see what it was and how to get it reinstalled.

But Remember Tampering with the registry is never without risk. Do you have a backup, as described in this article Backup registry . Better would be an image of the system partition. A system restore point you want. Then you can make the change.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Error 7000 - service not started SSPORT

This behavior can occur if you configure the service to log on to a user account, The right to log on as a service is revoked for the specified user account.Although most system services log on to the local system account by default, you can configure services to use a specific user account and password. If you choose to specify a user account and password, it is important that the account name and password remain constant. When a user's password is changed, the password information is not automatically updated for the service. For example, the user account that the service uses should not be required to change its password or be renamed. If these two events (or other similar events) occur, you must also update the logon credentials for the service.

Follow the step to Solve your Problem
    Configure Logon Information for the Service
    • If the password is changed on the user account that the service uses to log on, configure the password to match the current password for that user. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click Administrative Tools.
    • Double-click Services.
    • In the right pane, right-click the appropriate service, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Log On tab, type the correct password in the Password and Confirm Password boxes, and then click OK.
    • Right-click the service, and then click Restart.
    • Quit the Services tool.

Re: Error 7000 - SSPORT service not started

If you can use Built in System Account then

Configure the Service to Use the Built-in System Account
    1. If the service still does not work with the specified user account, configure the service to log on to the built-in system account. If also the Upload Manager service does not work after you uninstall Service Pack 3 for Windows XP, configure the service. To do this, follow these steps:
    2. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click Administrative Tools.
    3. Double-click Services.
    4. In the right pane, right-click the appropriate service, and then click Properties.
    5. Click the Log On tab, click Local System account, and then click OK.

NOTE: In most situations, it is not necessary to configure a service to interact with the desktop. You do not need to select the Allow service to interact with desktop check box.

6. Right-click the service, and then click Restart.
    7. Quit the Services tool.

Re: Error 7000 - SSPORT service not started

Thanks I Have now deleted the key and to date the message was not does even appear anymore, which came very regularly. No deterioration in the system or when doing anything Thanks For your Help