Thread: Problems with Winamp after Vista update

Problems with Winamp after Vista update

Hello and Good morning,

i unfortunately had a little problem with my Winamp.For many years, I use Winamp and was always very happy with it. Since my Vista on 30.01.09 Update for Microsoft. NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 - and. NET Framework 3.5-product family (KB951847) x86 has worked my Winamp 5.5 is no longer work correctly . I can not play songs in the playlist editor from the Internet Explorer , nor can I do with a right click on "Play In Winamp" "In Winamp classified" do something. When I click on "Play In Winamp" click, then open in Winamp, but the desired track will not play and the playlist editor is empty. Has anyone the same problem or maybe I can help?

Thanks in advance

Re: Problems with Winamp after Vista update

Hello , I might have not understand the problem, but still the demand: You mean even the "Windows Explorer" and not "Internet Explorer", right?
    Regards,
    jesse

Yes I am referring to the Windows Explorer and not Internet Explorer. Can the contribution is no longer processed. When I click on the hard disk into the Music folder and then go on an mp3 file, right click, you can do but "enqueue in winamp" or whenever I click on the playlist remains empty and there will be nothing.

Hi,

I have Winamp also uses it for few years, as long as I had XP. Now I have Vista on my PC and tried to use Winamp ut unfortunately I have found that Winamp has some major problems with Vista has. therefore I recommend you, use the Aimp player

AIMP Classic is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp), so you'll get used to it very quickly. It can also be customized with skins.

The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the player's main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.

Besides playing music, AIMP Classic features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags.

AIMP Classic is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so it's easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the player's functionalities.

Languages:
    • English, Spanish, Chinese Simp, Euskera, Italian, Portuguese BR
    • OS requirements for AIMP Classic:
    • Minimum requirements:
    • DirectX 8.1

Download AIMP Classic

A very stable player, plays everything ..... except videos. But for music,it is perfect . hope it help you

thank for your suggestion So in general I have no problems with the Vista Winamp wagon, only now and then when you start Winamp requires admin rights, which of course is nonsense, but I have not had the necessary leisure to investigate why and how to deliver. Maybe if i looks for updates? Regardless of where the roblem comes forth, I would be curious as well so get it solved and i download aimp it classic thanks