Thread: How to uninstall Dell Pc Tuneup

How to uninstall Dell Pc Tuneup

I own a Inspiron 1520 Dell system at my home since long time having PC tuneup installed in it. One day I received a pop-up message saying my trial subscription to Dell Automated PC Tuneup was up and click here or else I wouldn't be able to do a defrag or a disk cleanup or other maintenance tasks on my PC. So for some more reason i decided to Uninstall Dell PC Tuneup from my computer but i am not able to do so.i tried to delete that file wven from my hard disk, but it won't allow me to do so. Please help. How can i uninstall it ?

Re: How to uninstall Dell Pc Tuneup

Dell PC TuneUp automatically repairs errors and fragmentation, cleans out clutter, and tunes up your PC – so that it runs smoothly, reliably, and faster. I case you want to uninstall it, and it won't allows you to do that, You must delete it by taking it ownership. To do so, See this : Take Ownership of a file, folder, registry key, or drive

The best way to get this resolved is to contact, Dell, Iolo and if your using Avg to submit the results of the Quarantined items.Attempting to reinstall Tune up is a waste of time so be patient and wait for dell to sort the matter out.

BAKMAN Guest

The software CCleaner is a free pc utility that help you to erase the junk ...
    or download and install the latest version of tuneup utilities. if still the ...
    check for multiple network security programs or uninstall and reinstall the .

They tried to make it seem like the Dell Automated PC Tuneup was a necessary installation, but its bogus! Its a trial for a program that automatically does disc cleanup, defrag, etc., all the things I do anyways. I'm not going to pay for that!

The worst part is that it won't uninstall, it hangs every time! Now I have to lobotomize the installation of a program that is supposed to help get rid of stuff like this. Way to go Dell!