Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Operating Systems

Old 05-02-2009

Hi,

I have come home after my business tour and i was trying to login to my Windows, it seems that i have forgot my login password is there any way where i can get my password back or reset my password.I am using Windows XP SP2. Can anyone help me out with this issue.

Old 05-02-2009

Re: Log in Problem in Windows XP

If you have a reset disk you need to follow this steps:-
  1. Restart the computer.
  2. On the Windows XP logon screen, click the user name that you want to use, and then press ENTER.
  3. Click Use your password reset disk. The Password Reset Wizard starts. The Password Reset Wizard enables you to create a new password for your user account.
  4. In the Password Reset Wizard dialog box, click Next.
  5. Insert the password reset disc into the CD drive, and then click Next.
  6. Type a new password in the Type a new password box, and then type the password again in the Type the password again to confirm box.
  7. In the Type a new password hint box, type a hint for the password, and then click Next.
  8. Click Finish, and then try to log on to Windows XP again.

Now you can use Windows using your own user and password which you have set.
Old 05-02-2009

Before going further i would like to know do you know the administrator password.Because if you know the administrator password than there is very simple steps which i can tell you.
Old 06-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarpitt View Post
Before going further i would like to know do you know the administrator password.Because if you know the administrator password than there is very simple steps which i can tell you.
Thanks for your reply but i am not having my password reset disk and Aarpitt i know my administrator password.
Old 06-02-2009

To reset the password first log on to a computer as the administrator, than try the following steps.
  1. Log on as an administrator.

• Restart the computer.
    • Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE two times, and then type the name of the administrator user account.
    • In the Password box, type the administrator password, and then click OK.

2. Reset the password.

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type control userpasswords2, and then click OK.
    • On the Users tab, click the name of the user account that you want to reset the password for, and then click Reset Password.
    • Type a new password in the New password box, and then type the password again in the Confirm new password box, and then click OK.
    • Restart the computer, and then try to log on to Windows XP again.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,