Thread: Pc will not shut down, waiting for RUNDLL32.EXE

Pc will not shut down, waiting for RUNDLL32.EXE

Hello to all,
    when I close my PC (win XP home) from two or three days now I have a window that tells me to wait for the closing RUNDLL32.EXE, and then another that tells me that the application not responding and I have to close manually otherwise it shuts off ..

Is there anyone who can give me a advise.thanks in advance!!!

Re: Pc will not shut down, waiting for RUNDLL32.EXE

There's probably some program that commits the library, which wiondows fails to close. You need a program like Autoruns, disable all programs from starting automatically (except for windows) and try to see if the problem persists.
    Try to see the event log, if there is some reporting of the problem ...

There's probably some program that commits the library, which wiondows fails to close. You need a program like Autoruns, disable all programs from starting automatically (except for windows) and try to see if the problem persists.
    Try to see the event log, if there is some reporting of the problem ...
    When shut down the PC by going to "turn off computer", instead of turning off windows xp shows the window that has the title "end program - rundll32.exe" and below it says "wait , the closure of the program under way, if you want to end the program now all unsaved data will be lost, to end hours ending press "Of course I expect to do all the coloring Caselline not pressing end now and when he finished his work he says" the application is not responding. To return to windows and check the status of the program, click Cancel. If you choose to terminate the program immediately, all unsaved data will be lost. To end the program now click end now. " If I click "end now" the computer finally let me off, if I click "cancel" return to windows .... Then you open another window titled "term" program "extracting files" ... with the same directions above. Finally at the end can turn off your PC.

hi,
    Try to reinstall system restore that will slove the problem but it may delete all existing restore points.

If a virus, such as the Netsky, destroys your rundll32.exe or, if for some other reason, your rundll32.exe is corrupt or gets accidentally removed, you need to take the following action:
    • Locate a Copy of Rundll32.exe on Your System
    • Check if you find a copy of rundll32.exe in the folder C:\windows\system32\dllcache or in C:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386. If this is the case, go ahead and copy rundll32.exe to the system folder C:\windows\system32
    • If you don't find a copy on your system, you can try to find the file on your windows installation disks. Lastly, you could simply re-install windows. However, this would be very time-consuming and you might lose all your data. So this would be the last resort.