Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009

Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Hi,
Just got a new computer and i cant even play One game on it. when i go into call of duty 5 or any game and like when i first start to load the game it freezes and then continues and then freezes again for like 3 sec. also when i get out of the game it says Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Here my specification:

Intel core 2 quad 8200 speed 2.3 gig , 2gb ddr2 , asus pci-e 2gb, 4870x2, antec 1000w, P5Q PRO
Old 03-02-2009

Re: Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Uninstall drivers, go to ati and get 8.12 hotfix OR 9.1 or if that doesn't work . Move to vista 64 bits , Check your BIOS , for P5Q there is an update on the BIOS you need almost for sure.
Old 03-02-2009

Refer this threads :
Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 03-02-2009

Also, uninstall any gamerOSD, smart doctor or any other software related to the VGA Card. Don't use them with new drivers from ATI. you will just go dead. Telling you by experience. If you need software for tweaking , use RivaTuner.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: