Thread: Restarting many time before windows start

sad Restarting many time before windows start

Hiii every1

From last few days I dont know why ...my computer restart many times before windows xp actually starts.....

1st it shows bios black screen detecting hdd n dvd drive etc...then as soon as it goes to windows xp progress bar of boot screen it again returns to bios black screen ...and after this option to select to start windows xp in safe mode or normally.....i select start windows normally option...again the same process follows..... its repeatedly restarts for around 5 time before actually starting the windows....... i also tried to select the option "last know good configuration that worked" but in vain....again the same thing ...though its instantly started in safe mode.....

plss help me .....windows restart before starting many times... around 5 times or even more....so i hve to continously select "start windows normally" ...that much no. of time....i m afraid ...might b this causes my HDD or OS to crash....if this process is going to always happening whenever i start windows....atleast frm last few days ,,,,,this is happening everytime i start windows ...or even when i restart windows ....

i dont know y this happening.....so i researched sumwat dat wat i did in last few days ....i installed a Daemontool 4.0 s/w and used SR7stop ..... so i uninstalled the Daemontool 4.0 in safe mode....still though ...no success ...again the same restart problem .... also uninstalling the daemontool was just a guess work ,,,because i know ...i used it earlier also ...n had never faced such problem....

plsss help me guys to fix it soon....m afraid if this "restarting even before windows start" process corrupts my HDD or OS ....
    Last edited by smartdeep; 03-02-2009 at 11:51 AM.

you have damaged sectors on your hard drive......
    try using a chkdsk /r from the Recovery Console.

If your system administrator says about the SMPS problem please try another SMPS from you colleague computer and check whether that problem is related to the SMPS only.
    i'll do the same....n put it here if again found the restart problem...n hence dat BOD...actually today its restart just 4 once....well chek it again by shutting down d pc n restarting it...

coz i had faced ram problem sumtimes....in dat case...pc even not show the bios screen and a continous beep sound coming out frm d cpu cabinate

Re: Restarting many time before windows start

Try deleting your partion from your hard drive. If you can start it up correctly after deleting partition and have a boot disk before you turn it on. When you turn it on press the option 1 or the one that says start with cd-rom help, the type in A:>fdisk, try deleting partition. After you get the deleted the partition message then make a set of new partition; set it active and then just put xp or what ever operating system.

Exclamation Re: Restarting many time before windows start

,,,thnx 4 the replies....but now after a day ...the same re-occurrence of many restart is not happening....??? ...though it restarted for a single time when i switched ON my pc...i talked abt this problem of my home pc to a system administrator in my organization....he replied that its not a s/w problem,,,,he said its abt the hardware problem...and said that there is surely a chance that might be ur SMPS is not wrking properly i.e. it is nt able to supply enough power to ur system when starting.....

m still nt sure...nw whether its a h/w or s/w problem???

Sounds like hardware. I had that when trying to start with external hard drive plugged in. I also had it when RAM was failing - especially with laptops it happens, sometimes the RAM is not making good contact in its socket (take it out and put it back a couple of times) or the soldering attaching the RAM socket to the board is deteriorating.

Try disabling the auto restart after crash feature. Open System properties via Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> system.

Select the Advanced tab and then click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section. In System Failure section, clear the checkbox next to Automatically Restart. Click OK and OK to exit.

The next time your computer has a problem while booting, it may stop at a blue screen that has a "stop" message. Write down the message EXACTLY as it appears. This may be of some use to identify the culprit.

Exclamation Re: Restarting many time before windows start

Quote Originally Posted by smartdeep View Post
    Thanks Salvatore...ur suggestion is gr8..

i'll do the same....n put it here if again found the restart problem...n hence dat BOD...actually today its restart just 4 once....well chek it again by shutting down d pc n restarting it...
    i just did a hot boot of my pc after setting wat u mentioned....but heyyy dis time pc starts widout ne restarts.... it think ...d prob might b associated wid SMPS or sumthin else....may b in dis restart everything was in hot mode ...

i'll give it a cool boot also later....probably after few hrs of pc shutdown....to chek d restarting prob ...wid d settings already made as per ur suggestions....

i dont know....whether m i rite or not reg smps or hot n cold boots....

Its strange... because when system restart problems before the windows boot start occuring, there happens to be some hardware or software problems with the computer that needs to be solved. You are lucky that your problem solved itself. I guess there were some software vulnerabilities that might have cleared... maybe because you run antivirus or you deletd some softwares yourself.

sad Re: Restarting many time before windows start

Quote Originally Posted by MrChris- View Post
    Its strange... because when system restart problems before the windows boot start occuring, there happens to be some hardware or software problems with the computer that needs to be solved. You are lucky that your problem solved itself. I guess there were some software vulnerabilities that might have cleared... maybe because you run antivirus or you deletd some softwares yourself.
    Thanks MrChris....

But I dont know ...I again today got the same problem ...after few days....Windows continue to keep starting 3 times this time....n as suggested by SalVatore.... i unchecked the automatic restart after system failure frm recovery option ....so i got BOD ....Following is the message which is displayed on BOD ...all the 3 times of restarting....

Message format is the same as usual BOD messaging system... i just noted the technical part of it ...which is as follows

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information:
    *** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000166, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804E5433)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pls help ...I dont know what this means?? ...but it keeps on displaying BOD each one of 3 times of system restart before actually windows start....

This error can be caused by a driver. Driver, as a broad term, can definitely include both Microsoft Antispyware's low level hooks, and an antivirus.

I think I'd try the broad areas that KB article suggests--update drivers for hardware--maybe roll them back for any newly installed hardware, or remove the hardware temporarily.

Simplify the software involved--maybe remove both antivirus and Microsoft Antispyware for testing. See if you can get to a point where the system is stable and doesn't crash.

The memory addresses in the crash message don't tell me anything, although occasionally there will be a KB article searchable using more than just the first one--you might try searching on 0x0000000A and checking all the relevant articles to see if the more precise particulars match your message any better.

A memory dump, and analysis of that using debugging tools, is really the way to get at this. I've done this once or twice myself, but its an art.

question Re: Restarting many time before windows start

Quote Originally Posted by MrChris- View Post
    This error can be caused by a driver. Driver, as a broad term, can definitely include both Microsoft Antispyware's low level hooks, and an antivirus.

I think I'd try the broad areas that KB article suggests--update drivers for hardware--maybe roll them back for any newly installed hardware, or remove the hardware temporarily.

Simplify the software involved--maybe remove both antivirus and Microsoft Antispyware for testing. See if you can get to a point where the system is stable and doesn't crash.

The memory addresses in the crash message don't tell me anything, although occasionally there will be a KB article searchable using more than just the first one--you might try searching on 0x0000000A and checking all the relevant articles to see if the more precise particulars match your message any better.

A memory dump, and analysis of that using debugging tools, is really the way to get at this. I've done this once or twice myself, but its an art.
    Thanks MrChris...

I want to say that...its behaving like a crazy crash...i mean its random....sumtimes it happens....sumtimes nt...... dont know on wat factor its particular occurence depends....but the BOD message is same all the time.....even dont know when it successfully boots,,,,hw actually it happens...

as i am not so proficient at hardware or firmware level.....so it makes the scenario more bad at my end....that's why i didn't all the things in your this post....

one thing i remeber that when installing Daemon Tool 4.0 .... (used for virtual drives and images) ....there was dialog box asking ...sumthing like SCSI interface etc.....also kernel mode debugger will be use etc.......i just cliked ...yes proceed on all this.....

just as a guess .....i removed the Daemon tool 4.0 when i was recieving that BOD msgs.....but it also not helped me out ....

As it is behaving randomly ..sometimes not happens more than two days or even more....not all the time....i think it occurrence is more favored when the PC is shut downed for a long...........I want to know ...Can I ignore this BOD???? ...i mean whenever this happens ...just make my pc start ..by restarting ..as many times as required (approx 2-3 restart needed whenever this happens)...n keep doing like this...