Thread: Error Message "hal.dll"

Error Message "hal.dll"

Hi,

I am facing an issue with my operating system.Whenever i am trying to install my Operating System i am getting an error message as "hal.dll ". Can anyone help me out with this issue.

Re: Error Message "hal.dll"

The error message is misleading, it's nothing wrong with your hal.dll your boot.ini has a corrupted entry which is easy to fix:
    1. Search for boot.ini (normally it's located on C:\)
    2. Open the boot.ini
    3. Delete the line that refers to Windows-USB-Boot
    4. Save & Exit

Quote Originally Posted by Crona View Post
    The error message is misleading, it's nothing wrong with your hal.dll your boot.ini has a corrupted entry which is easy to fix:
    1. Search for boot.ini (normally it's located on C:\)
    2. Open the boot.ini
    3. Delete the line that refers to Windows-USB-Boot
    4. Save & Exit

Sorry It didn't worked for me.

1. You need to follow the below Steps:-
    2. Arrange a Bootable Windows XP setup CD.
    3. Boot from bootable Windows XP setup CD and press R to enter recovery console which allows to restore the corrupted boot.ini file to original.
    4. Now enter your administrative username and password, when you get the command prompt type the following command “bootcfg /rebuild” (without double quotes) and press Enter.
    5. Bootcfg utility on the Windows XP setup CD will scan your drives for any Windows XP installations and then display the results which you can select to repair the corresponding boot.ini file.
    6. The first prompt asks to Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All). type Y and press enter.
    7. The next prompt asks to Enter Load Identifier This is nothing but the name of the operation system which appears at the time of Booting :type Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition or simply Windows XP and press Enter.
    8. Now it will ask to Enter OS Load options: type /Fastdetect and press Enter.
    9. Take the Windows XP bootable CD out from the tray and Type exit and then press Enter to restart your PC.