Thread: Unable to open emails in Outlook 2007

angry Unable to open emails in Outlook 2007

Hello everyone,

I cannot open my emails in Outlook 2007, whenever i try to open my emails its shows me the following message "Cannot open your default email folders." Even i tried to create a new user profile in order to connect with Outlook 2007 but was facing the same problem again. I tried to reinstall Microsoft Office but the result was the same. Can any one provide me the solution what exactly i have to do to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Unable to open emails in Outlook 2007

Hey you can try out this one.

Try Control Panel (Classic View) Mail Icon, configure the correct type of
    Connection add the accounts & data File, then test your accounts.

Hope so it may help you to resolve your problem.

Check whether your default email folder is set to PST filename. PST files or Personal Folder Files are used by Microsoft Outlook for storing Outlook data, including mailbox files, email folders, contacts or any other personal data related to Microsoft Outlook. Up to Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP), PST files are formatted according to the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) format, which limits the file size to 2Gb. Starting with Microsoft Outlook 2003, PST files are using the UNICODE format which has a limit that is more than 20 GB.

By default, Microsoft Outlook stored these PST files at the following location: "C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\", where USER_NAME is your Windows logon name. The default PST filename for your active mailbox is Outlook.pst, while the archive file is stored as archive.pst.

Even check out whether your PST file is damaged or not? When your Outlook PST file is damaged, Microsoft Outlook will try to automatically repair the damaged file: when you start Outlook, you will see a start window telling you that Outlook is attempting to repair your mailbox folders. However, depending on the problem, Outlook may not be able to automatically repair your PST file and so you will not be able to enter the main Outlook window, as a result you will need to try and fix it using the external Inbox Repair Tool.

The regular Outlook error message that notifies you about a damaged PST file is: "Errors have been detected in the file 'file_path'. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool."

The Inbox Repair Tool can only work if your PST file was damaged by Outlook itself or if it was corrupted due to hard disk problems. If for example, your PST file was damanged by a third party add-in, there are little chances for the Inbox Repair Tool to recover your mailbox information.