Windows XP Crashes with Event Id 1003 Event Category 102
Within the last two days I have had a computer start crashing with the BSOD. After I reboot the computer and look at the event viewer I see an event with the ID of 1003 and event category 102. Nothing new has been installed, at least by me and the user states they haven't added anything, and I can't figure out what it is. It is a Dell Dimension 3100 with the latest Dell Drivers. I ran the Dell Driver Reset Tool and it stated all the drivers were alright. Any ideas? Please HELP!
Re: Windows XP Crashes with Event Id 1003 Event Category 102
You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
3. Downclock the ram
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram
|Tags: event category 102, event id 1003, windows xp|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Windows XP Crashes with Event Id 1003 Event Category 102"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Catagory 102 - Error Event ID 1003||Illeana||Windows XP Support||2||16-11-2011 02:13 AM|
|System Error 102 Event ID 1003||Duck||Operating Systems||3||28-02-2009 08:56 PM|
|Error Event ID 1003||FDisk101||Operating Systems||4||12-11-2008 12:12 PM|
|Stop error 000000c2 error Event Id 1003 Category (102)||Ruthe||Windows XP Support||2||16-03-2007 09:20 AM|
|Event Id 1003 System Error||Chitesh||Small Business Server||3||23-12-2006 01:18 PM|