Thread: nvcchflt.sys is corrupted or missing

nvcchflt.sys is corrupted or missing

Hello,

I tried to update my update to the latest nvidia chipset drivers and now receive error message about missing a System 32 driver for nvidia. I cannot lose the data on the drive or would have done a clean boot. can i just put back the nvcchflt.sys drive back into the windows folder from another PC.

Any help appreciated.

Re: nvcchflt.sys is corrupted or missing

Nvcchflt.sys driver .sys information file is windows driver file. DriverUpdates will keep your system up to date by automatically getting the latest drivers from your hardware's manufacturer. No need to waste hours upon hours every week searching the Internet for the latest driver files.By having the most up to date device drivers on your system, your computer will run at optimal performance and be free of errors!

Download Driver Updater Pro Automatically Updates ALL Your Drivers

Don't format your hard-drive. Just repair Windows and all your personal data, profile, etc. will be preserved.

You need to boot your computer with an OS that can read the NTFS partition. You can do this with WinPE or NTFSDOS. But its likely that file already exists. The "missing or corrupted" message Windows gives is pretty misleading as it usually means that one of the files THAT particular file imports (a dependent file) is the wrong version, missing or corrupted. But if you do not have access to an NTFS OS then you can put it in another computer as a slave as you noted. You may have to re-attrib the file in order to replace it, if Windows has it flagged as a protected system file. I do not recommend using this hard drive to boot in another computer.