Thread: Uninstall Windows XP Professional

Uninstall Windows XP Professional

Good morning,
    I have a problem with my PC and I can not uninstall Windows XP, try the 3 ways I know

1 .- fail, Start, Run, type: osuninst.exe, OK button, Assistant: uninstall or install.
    2 .- Home, search, osuninst.exe, accepting, desistalar ready.
    3 .- Safe Mode, Start, Programs, Accessories, prompt, type "cd \" enter "cd | windows \ system32" enter "osuninst.exe" enter
    But in three different ways to enter the file "osuninst.exe" I control the message of this warning:
    Windows XP "Setup can not uninstall Windows XP " because they lack the information needed for registration. "

I need to know how to remove the record, I want to completely uninstall and then install Windows XP 98, I do not want to partition or anything, I just want to uninstall XP so that if someone can tell me.
    Please help me

Re: Uninstall Windows XP Professional

This problem is a tube of the forum Alex Cross and recommended the following:

Go to run: type "regedit" and then locate accept HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ M icrosoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon \ Notify) and delete it.

Go to run: type "regedit" and then locate accept HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ M icrosoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon \ Notify) and delete it.
    I delete the directory The Notify me but no change it still show the same warning.

if you have installed the WinXP is very likely that the NTFS format, if the case would have to first convert it to FAT32 to install the Win98, in this case as well with this format you would recommend formatting the disk, formatted the eye alone noils the contents of the disc but not touching the partitions.

I format the disk to do so only with the installation CD for Windows XP, then I format the disk but I automatically install xp again.

I am interested uninstall xp, as I do ? How do I delete the record and so I get no warning.

Windows XP "Setup can not uninstall Windows XP. " because they lack the information needed for registration. "

Thank you very much

Dr. V Guest

The disk you are using IDE or SATA, if the latter can give you problems, if there also saw drivers for your mainboard and other Win98, it should be an option for Win98SE using USB.

you can use to format a disk manager the Win98 boot disk, a Live CD or some type Partition Magic program.

When you try to uninstall Windows XP by using the c:\windows\system32\osuninst.exe command, you may receive this error message. here is a solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313859.