Thread: Is there any way by which i can get back my stolen laptop?

Is there any way by which i can get back my stolen laptop?

Hello everyone,

I would like to know that is there any way of getting back my stolen computer? Recently i had purchased a new laptop, and few days back my laptop got stolen. I had filed a report in the police station, but i'm anxious to get back my new laptop? I know my Mac address. Can any one help me out to get back my laptop?

Thanking you in advance.

Re: Is there any way by which i can get back my stolen laptop?

Technically speaking, yes it can be possible. But i guess if the thief swaps your Ethernet controller with another one, then it might be a big problem for you to get back your laptop. Anyway Hardware card is not that easy to replace with another one. You can preferably try to contact your ISP's in order to get back your stolen laptop.

According to me only the Serial Number from the CPU & HDD(IF he do not swap them out), MAC addresses, and even the Mainboards Serial Number are the only things that can give you hopes to get back your stolen laptop. Probably, if you get back it would be only in parts...)

Dr. V Guest

Trying to get back your stolen laptop you'll need to have the serial number and/or model number before it can be identified. If you do not have records of this information contact the manufacturer to see if they can provide you with this information.

1. As mentioned above make sure to notify the authorities, employees, lost and found, etc. with your report of a lost computer/laptop. Often if your laptop is found they'll need to know how to contact you.

2. Leave some not so sensitive accounts such as your Instant Messenger, distributed systems, banks account, etc. open and watch the pages for activities. In some situations the thief may use the account because it automatically logs into the page. This information could be used to help identify the person.

3. Visit local pawn shops and watch the local paper want ads for a few weeks to see if the thief is trying to pawn it off.

4. Place an article in the want ads with your computer description and serial number and mention a reward for returning your lost computer.

5. Visit some of the online websites which is related to isting and finding stolen computers/laptop.

May this steps helps you.