Thread: Possible to make new Vista theme

Possible to make new Vista theme

Hello everyone,

I'm fed up of using those common themes which comes along with windows vista. I even tried to search out for some new vista themes on the internet, but i didn't get any new themes. So, is it possible for me to create a new vista theme? Can any one tell me how can i make new vista theme?

Thanking you in advance.

Re: Possible to make new Vista theme

Use common controls and common dialogs for creating a new vista themes.

Use common controls and common dialogs to achieve an accessible, high-quality, and consistent UI in your application. Don't spend time rebuilding standard UI components; use that time instead to innovate in meaningful ways based on your core competencies and understanding of your customer needs.

* Use the following Windows Vista common controls (ComCtl32 v6): balloons, check boxes, command buttons, drop-down lists, group boxes, network address controls, links, list boxes, list views, progress bars, radio buttons, sliders, static text, tabs, text boxes, tooltips, and tree views.

* Use the following Windows common dialogs: Color, Find and Replace, Font, Open File, Open Folder, Page Setup, Print, and Save File dialog boxes.

* Use custom controls and custom versions of the common dialogs only as a last resort. Make sure that all custom controls use the Aero Theme and are accessible.

It is possible by modifying or re-creating themes through photoshop, that's true It can be also done by just dragging one of the already-made vista themes into a .jpg etc. file. Then edit that particular file or you can also use drawings or some pictures and change the lighting by using the various colors that seems to be in vista.

SkinStudio is an application that allows you to design custom visual styles for Windows Vista and Windows XP. These visual styles (skins) can then be applied using WindowBlinds. When creating a new skin you can change the complete look of Windows by changing the start button, taskbar, buttons, titlebars, and pretty much everything in between.

Hope so this may help you out to create a new theme in Windows Vista.