Thread: Is it any way to make Window's Vista alittle faster?

Is it any way to make Window's Vista a little faster?

Hello,

I would like to know is there any way by which i can make Window Vista to run faster than the normal speed? In order to work little bit faster i have changed the theme to the normal window. Can any one tell me what i have to do in order to make Window Vista run little bit faster?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Is it any way to make Window's Vista alittle faster?

There are some things you can do to make Windows Vista seem a little faster without upgrading the RAM. Usually there are visual effects that are enabled by default that don’t need to be for Vista to function. You disabled them in Vista, just to see a small improvement.

Some of you may already know about this and some may not. I just wanted to share with you the ones I chose to disable and how it helped.

Right click on Computer in Vista and click on Advanced system settings on the left side of the window. You can also access the System Properties window from the Control Panel. Click on the Settings… button under Performance in the Advanced tab. You will notice in the Visual Effects tab that there are a few options to choose, including a Custom one. Because I still want some of the visual effects to be enabled, I use Custom by disabling the ones I don’t want:

* Uncheck Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing
    * Uncheck Fade or slide ToolTips into view
    * Uncheck Fade or slide menus into view
    * Uncheck Fade out menu items after clicking
    * Uncheck Slide open combo boxes
    * Uncheck Slide taskbar buttons

Optionally, you can disable any of the other visual effects or all of them if you choose. I find that disabling the ones above really helped Vista to appear faster. I’m not saying Vista is slow (at least not for me), but I also disable the visual effects in XP because it helped in XP, too. Do you really need things to fade or slide? I don’t.

Could I just disable other unnecessary effects, like Aero? Yes, but I do like the transparent appearance over the ugly plain one.

Now windows and menus open much faster, instead of slowly appearing on the screen.

You can also perform the below steps mention.

1. Restrict the number of start-ups. Why have programs starting up when you don't really use them. Even those you use can always be started manually by clicking on the. I personally prefer not to have ANY startups. So decide for yourself which one's you really need as start-ups. Do also remove any pre-installed crapware which may have come pre-installed on your new Vista machine, as many a time its these craplets that cause a machine to slow down.

One small and simple tip ! Restart your PC at least once a week, especially if you use it a lot. Restarting a PC is a good way to clear out its memory and ensuring that any errant processes and services that started running get shut down.

2. Windows Vista has around 130 services installed ! Disable services which one may not require. For example, if your pc is a stand-alone one, there may be several services which you can disable or switch over to manual mode. Auto-starting and closing down of services takes time & resources. These can be saved. BlackViper's Vista Service Configurations is an excellent guide to follow.

3. Reducing visual effects :- Right-click on “My Computer” --> Properties --> Advanced --> Performance-Settings-- > Visual Effects-- > Adjust for best performance-- > Apply --> OK.

Dr. V Guest

You can make it faster with the help of your multi-core processor. It is ver simple to follow, Run "msconfig" (type it into the Start search bar, press enter). Click boot, then advanced options. Then change the number of processors to 2 or 4 (or 8 if your processor allows you), and Vista will use All cores while booting, not even a single core would be left. And that should cut your boot time from 10 minutes to about 8 1/2.