Thread: Can i Extend Activation Period of Windows 7

Can i Extend Activation Period of Windows 7

Currently im using the new OS from Microsoft the Windows 7 and im liking it, i just want to know is whether we can increase the Activation Trial Period of this Beta

Thanks for the reply .

Dr. V Guest

Re: Can i Extend Activation Period of Windows 7

Most people” running Windows 7 Build 6801 Prebeta will soon realize they are running into trouble as the Windows Activation countdown nears 0. The Public Beta is scheduled for a December release and won’t give “most of us” enough time to use Windows 7 build 6801 before switching over. Luckily for you, the same way used to extend Windows Vista activation also works with Windows 7. You can use this up to 3 times. The maximum grace period will always be 30 days, so you’ll want to wait until you have 1-3 days left before using it.

• Type cmd into the Start Menu Search
    • Right click the cmd icon and choose “Run as Administrator”
    • Type slmgr.vbs -rearm then press Enter
    • You will then be asked to reboot. After that, right click Computer, then select Properties. You’ll see that the counter has been reset to 30 days.

This only works 3 times and the counter never goes past 30 days, so make sure to wait until you have 1-3 days left before using it.

Rearm’ trick on Windows 7 is done using the similar commands and steps with Windows Vista. Follow these steps to reset and extend activation grace period from 30 days to 120 days in Windows 7:

1. Install Windows 7 without any product activation key.
    2. After installation is completed, use the Windows 7 for 30 days and wait for the remaining days left to activate Windows counting down to 0, or almost zero.
    3. When the activation grace period (or evaluation trial period) is almost expired or ended, log on to Windows 7 desktop, and open a Command Prompt window (i.e. type Cmd in Start Search and hit Enter).
    4. Type any of the following commands into the command prompt, and then hit Enter:

sysprep /generalize

slmgr.vbs –rearm

rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows

slmgr /rearm

5. Reboot Windows 7 to enjoy another 30 days of free usage without worrying about activation nor even need to crack Windows 7.
    6. When the activation grace period countdown timer almost running down to 0 again, repeat the ‘rearm’ trick to enjoy another 30 days of Windows 7 for free. User can run the rearm command for maximum of 3 times.

As rearm only works for 3 times, make sure the command is only been run when the 30 days countdown of evaluation period is almost expired.

• Open the Start Menu.
    • In the Start Menu search box, type regedit, and press Enter. (See screenshot below)
    • In the registry, go to: (See screenshot below)
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
    • In the right pane, see if SkipRearm is set to 0 (number 0) . (See screenshot above)

1. If it is not set to 0 - Right click on SkipRearm and click on Modify. Type 0 and click on OK. (See screenshot below)
    2. If it is set to 0 - Skip this and go to step 5.

• Close regedit.
    • Open a elevated command prompt.
    • In the elevated command prompt, type slmgr -rearm and press Enter. (See screenshot below)
    • Click on OK. (See screenshot below)

WARNING
    • If you get one of these errors below, then do what is above the error:
    • You will need to restart the computer first, then repeat steps 6 to 8 again.
    • You have used up your 3 times. You will need to activate or reinstall Windows 7.

• Close the elevated command prompt. (See screenshot below step 7)
    • Restart the computer to apply the changes and reset your trial period back to 30 days to activate.